• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Poker3 said:
Thanks! I wasn't really shopping for one...but I'm telling you, something about that flag made me do it! It was very eye catching! I'm glad I did!

Same here.

I just stumbled upon it in a local shop and had to have it...

I'm new to the forum and have to wait 7 more days till my 18.5" A1 gets out of jail, already have an 835 in the safe and that has my wheels turning as well. So many ideas in this thread, already ordered the J&S extension and the Aimpro heatshield,apparently this is just the beginning....

That's how we all start off.....just this....then that.... :lol: its addicting.....

Welcome to the forum longknives... And don't forget to post pics of your new A1.

Hello Guys,
New to the forum. Thought I'd join, seems like a great group of people. Here is my 590, my setup is a little different as far as the forend due to no flexibility in my hand from a motorcycle accident .

welcome from NY. nice looking shotty. :)

Lookin' good. That's cool that you were able to set it up to work for yourself.

Welcome aboard from PA and this is a great group of people. I hope you take some time to post in the new member welcome area for those that don't frequent the 590 pump action section.

Posted a pic on the Welcome Forum but will do it again here. A couple weeks ago was deep on the Navajo reservation in Arizona and a local gun shop had some treasures. Have bought two pistols from him and a lot of ammo he had stockpiled. Last visit he showed me this M590A1 complete with bayonet, heat shield, SpeedFeed stock, Ghost Ring sights....told him I was too old for such a big gun and didn't need it since I had a Taurus Public Defender with 5 rounds of .410 for my old geezer apartment defense. But couldn't get this gun out of my mind. Had a day off today so drove back out on the rez - 160 miles round trip - to take it off his hands.

Ran 25 rounds of bird shot through it out at the local range today. Worked perfect. Most surprised by the lack of recoil...was worried I'd get bruised up on my shoulder but nary a mark. I am most pleased with this new purchase.

Have had an old single shot Ivar Johnson 16 guage since the 60s. Found it feels really good to have 9 +4 handy instead of just one. Also pleased with how easy it is to operate and how comfy it feels to handle, shoot, and have at hand.

Great looking A1 River! Welcome to the forum! It's great you got an M7 to go along with her! Look forward seeing more of your Mossy!

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

Look at what I found!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lucked out on finding this stock and forend (Pretty sure I bought a whole shotgun just for this stock set :lol: :oops: )

effffin beauty!!!

Thanks folks, there's always something sexy about wood furniture on a gun! The guy that was selling the 500 didn't know the gem he had... he sold me the gun for $150!!! Pretty sure I wanted to, I could fetch that just for the stock set on ebay (<-crazy).

Merry Christmas AK

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 365

I love "approval banners" mossy! Thanks again guys!

..THAT IS AWESOME!
I need some wood furniture!
Also nice photos

Very nice. I love wood furniture.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Lol, thanks guys! The problem is, I need 3 different 590's to fulfill all my wants and needs... would be kinda silly to hang tactical stuff off is this "Old-School" recreation... you know what that means... guess I'll have to buy another Mossberg shotgun. Go ahead, twist my arm if you have to! :lol:

AK, that is a sweet lookin' shotgun you found there Mister! I like the retro wood furniture (lil' bit like a trench gun) look with the modern heat shield. Very cool! Its a modern/retro look...kinda sexy! :eek:

cmcdonald said:
AK, that is a sweet lookin' shotgun you found there Mister! I like the retro wood furniture (lil' bit like a trench gun) look with the modern heat shield. Very cool! Its a modern/retro look...kinda sexy! :eek:

CMC, it's actually not a new shotty, I've had the 590 for a while now, I just happened to find someone local that had a 500 with the wood stocks... I just didn't tell him how desirable they are when I essentially stole them from him :D I haven't decided on whether I'll keep the the 500, I've got some other purchases I really want to make that I could put it toward.

I just NEEDED to have the wood, it completes me :lol:

Back