• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, etc...

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et

Bump

I do not like this new format. I tried logging in last week and it kept saying the site is not available. I tried to log in repeately and it would not let me. I tried to use the pass word recovery and when it gave me a new password to log in, none of my previous messages showed up and then my profile showed wrong info. It showed me as a new user when I had been here for some time and posted quite a few posting to get to the 270 level.
The new format is not as easy to use and see, so I will be leaving the forum.

Sorry to see you go.

Change is sometimes hard to deal with and the new format might take some getting used to, but personally I find it much easier to navigate. There is still some work going on behind the scenes and I'm not certain but your old 270 rank may be recoverable. We'd love to see you stick around, but understand if you choose to spend your time elsewhere...

Like the Xenforo platform! Easy on the eyes, easy to post up pics and vids, know you're busy just wanted to say....

Go away for a few weeks and the VW turns into a Cadillac!
sthumbsup.gif

Like the Xenforo platform! Easy on the eyes, easy to post up pics and vids, know you're busy just wanted to say....

Go away for a few weeks and the VW turns into a Cadillac!
sthumbsup.gif
I am glad you are enjoying the new platform. We are very excited about the change.

Did the ranking change? I seem to remember it was different. Other then that I think is it a good design. Nice job on the redo!

There is a glitch still present but the ranking system should restore soon.

Ok I guess I'm back to a new member - with the new website I was a .22lR but I think under the old one I was a .410.

Joe

Wow I just noticed I lost 18 trophy points as well - I promise to never speak out again, you guys are tough! LoL, I think

We are working on fixing the system but I promise it will be back up and working shortly.

Personally, I care a flip less about post counts and trophy ranks and such.

That's just not how I judge a person (or member), nor is it a factor in how I judge myself.

You could have a million posts that are totally wasted bandwidth and not worth the time it takes to read them, or you could have just 1 post that I will remember until the day I die.

The important thing (to me) is the content in our posts. Not necessarily how many posts anyone can rack up or anything else.

But that's just me.

Personally, I care a flip less about post counts and trophy ranks and such.
That's just not how I judge a person (or member), nor is it a factor in how I judge myself.
You could have a million posts that are totally wasted bandwidth and not worth the time it takes to read them, or you could have just 1 post that I will remember until the day I die.
The important thing (to me) is the content in our posts. Not necessarily how many posts anyone can rack up or anything else.
But that's just me.

Pointing out the "take away" was an attempt at humor - I guess it rubbed you the wrong way! I can say there are a lot of people who have strong opinions on a lot of subjects -

Yep, what John wrote several posts back ^^^^

I avoid my post count so I don't think "I'm on here to much".

Last edited:
The problem with text in a forum is the lack of emotion. You cannot see anyones face as they are talking nor hear the tone of their voice. Joe, dont worry about riling up us mods...it takes more than that.

Pointing out the "take away" was an attempt at humor - I guess it rubbed you the wrong way! I can say there are a lot of people who have strong opinions on a lot of subjects -

Has anyone else had this happen? I started the post above and before I posted it, Joe and John each posted. I didn't get the normal warning that someone else had already posted. Not a big deal. I did edit it though since it didn't make sense the way it was.

The problem with text in a forum is the lack of emotion. You cannot see anyones face as they are talking nor hear the tone of their voice.

Yep.

I was just commenting my thoughts on post counts and such.

Nothing against anyone.

Back