• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Any recommendations for a light mount that affixes to ma

I have one of the Nebo mounts. I had to do some "tweaking" with it to get it to do what I wanted. First off, it would not hold a heavy Maglite securely, after I'd put several rounds through the barrel. The mount(ing) would loosen it's grip and the light would start to flop around. Also, the glued in rubber inserts, inside the jaws, actually fell out.

In spite of this, I got it working. The first thing I did was make my own rubber insolation with strips I cut from an old inner tube. I also located a very lightweight flashlight (it was cheap, too). Now, the light works great and stays put, no matter how many rounds I put through the gun. A cheap and effective setup, at least in my own opinion. Take care. Tom Worthington

The laserlyte tri-rail is nice

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390096811713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390096811713.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 322

Yes, thats the one.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390144611646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390144611646.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 294

You might give these a try - they don't take up any real estate on the mag tube.

iOhD70U.jpg

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-sling ... mount.html

I use the Nebo mount on my HD shotguns. I've had them for over a year and never had any issues. They securely hold the flashlight. The only thing is you need to mount it right up against the end of the magazine tube or it will move forward to that point on its own due to recoil.

bwalker said:
up against the end of the magazine tube or it will move forward to that point on its own due to recoil.

TheJackal said:
You might give these a try - they don't take up any real estate on the mag tube.

I can't quite reach that far comfortably, so having secure placement not that much farther than the forend is important. Thanks for the tips though!

i put this one on mine the mount came from walmart for like 15.00 and the light from the gun show for 25.00. the light has the end on it where you can adjust the beam. the stuff you see on the top is not part of it. that is a heat thing.

I had a light on my mag tube but it was a pain to reach and only when the forearm was forward could it be used. I'm not a fan of wires running around anything that moved so I milled (but could be filed) a small flat spot on the upper right front end of my standard Mossberg forearm. Bedded a Phoenix 2" rail section in JB weld and screwed it in. It appears to be indestructible. Put a surefire on it and its easily managed by the my left hand forefinger. It looks good, is compact and works well.

What happens when you get old, you lose your mind....I put a Streamlight TLR-1 on the forearm, not a Surefire.

That sounds really unique. And quite creative. Could you post a picture?

dieselmudder said:
That sounds really unique. And quite creative. Could you post a picture?

I'd also love to see a picture!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

A little optical illusion, it really does point straight forward. I tried 3 different forends and mountings not including the tube mount. I ended up going back to the standard Mossberg front end. After 10,000,000 built, I believe they know what they are doing. Don't laugh, after modifying 3 other stock forends to increase grip, I settled on the stock grip coated with non-slip spray on body liner from Rustoleum.

Attachments

• forend 1.jpg
    forend 1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 107
  • forend 4.jpg
    forend 4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 108
  • forend 2.jpg
    forend 2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 107

Great find!

Thank you, Dan.

I just threw on the nebo w/190 lumens. I have a nitcore 950 lumen with pressure switch on my AR, but i dont think a PS would be practical and aesthetically useful.

The switches on the nebo fits perfectly with my left hand when its against the pump. Anyways just wanted to see what everyone else is running on their gun.
20140306_225356.jpg

Back