• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

I like my Nebo Protec. It had a laser but not any more :cool:

13.jpg

im a fan of streamlight products. ive got TLR1 TLR3, a Stinger and a Strion. the handheld lights see rough abuse daily. and they hold up well

Hello all !

I have a Mossberg 500 Cruiser with a Breacher Barrel. I am looking for a full length heat shied that will fit this barrel. I've been search on line for a few weeks now and I can't seem to find one. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thank you so much.

Welcome aboard.

What model number is your 500? Mossberg configures some 500 breachers with a standard barrel and others are set-up with a heavy-walled 590A1 barrel and 590/835 style mag tube and cap. Knowing which model you have will help narrow down your heat shield options...

The cap style is as you mentioned the rather larger styled 835. The barrel appears to be the 590A1 in which the Breacher appears to be part of the barrel and not a attachment with a white dot.

In that case, the only one made to fit your barrel is from AimPro Tactical. If you can get your hands on one it'll be the simplest solution. I say "if" because AimPro can be a little difficult to get in touch with. The Mossberg factory heat shield made for the heavy walled barrels can be made to fit your barrel, but would require some modification...

AimPro does list their heatshield on their website.

Again, be ready to wait a while for it. They don't make them in large quantities and we've seen members wait several months for thier orders. Their system for communicating online order information is lacking, so I would suggest calling to place your order. The sales rep should be able to give you an order confirmation number and a general idea of how long you may have to wait.

I've not seen the specialized AimPro model on ebay and wouldn't trust that anyone selling one there would know the difference between it and the standard Mossberg part...

I'm not aware of any ghost ring heatshield that will fit your barrel. ATI makes a few ghost ring models, but if I remember correctly they're for standard 500/590 barrels. You might contact them for confirmation though...

I just called and actually spoke to someone on one shot no wait time. They advised me they usually make them and they sell out months after there inventory out. He advised me there is a 4-5 months backorder.

You were on the money.

I don't want to edit anything or play with modifications. I rather pay the money and have it done right. So it looks like I will just have to wait.

Has anyone seen or have any experience with these? Been thinking about getting one for my 500, not so much for the breaching capability but more for a close combat/less than lethal deterrent idea.

The Pumpkin Puncher
http://www.hfd2.com/

Back