• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 1250yd Range Open in Chapel Hill, TN

Nah burn it, we've got that covered.

One of our members that lives near the range owns a mower and small engine repair shop. He comes out with his Bush Hog every couple weeks and gits 'er dun. I've seen him runnin that thing and it looks like he's cut'n grass at 70 mph. It's a mean machine...

dude. jealous. I'm lucky to get a 300 yard range seasonal in this mofo.

This seals it I'm moving to TN... now to convince the wife

Dude, go for it.

Houses and land are pretty cheap here compared to a lot of other places. No state income tax either... ;)

Was out yesterday morning and the range expansion is now almost complete...

There is a new carbine pit added to the two existing pistol pits with distances out to 75yd...

It's great for sighting in or working on close quarters target acquisition, etc...

The rimfire only range is done as well. It features a ton of reactive steel poppers and small silhouettes...

The long yardage deck and range are up and running as well...

It has a 100yd sight in berm, then runs out to berms at 600yd, 750yd, 1000yd, and 1250yd...

Remote wireless cameras are set into covered steel boxes in front of all the long range berms...

The feed is run into monitors at the shooting decks. It's an incredible benefit to be able to see your impacts clearly at those distances...

Both the short range and long range decks are linked to an "always cold" timer...

It's on a 25 minute loop with a green, yellow, red, light system and has manual overrides if nobody needs to check targets. Each timed color change on the lights is accompanied by a distinct audible tone for any shooter that might not see the lights change. The keys used to operate the timers are linked to the golf cart keys, so if anyone is down range in one of the carts it is impossible to go hot. They've put a LOT of thought into the system and it is really top notch...

Last edited:
That is cooler than ice cream.

Not too bad for $150 a year!

I was out there to take a class on Saturday and hung out in the long range deck for a little while after. Watched one of the other regulars put up a five shot group measuring just over 12" with his .308 at 1250yd. The skill level of a lot of the members is truly humbling. I've got a LONG way to go before I even attempt to sit down with those guys...

I spent $75 a year for an old WWII range that was a field and a 500 yd berm with garbage cans for "reactive" targets.... This is just pure awesomeness. How far are you from Virginia LES? I'll be at a training school in January for a couple weeks... I wanna play!

I'll be in Yorktown... but since it's two weeks I'll have the weekend in between. Looks like you're about 10hrs from where I'll be... but it may be worth it to hang out for a day! Lol, we'll talk when it get closer, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind!

I'll be in Yorktown... but since it's two weeks I'll have the weekend in between. Looks like you're about 10hrs from where I'll be... but it may be worth it to hang out for a day! Lol, we'll talk when it get closer, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind!
Avoid Newport News, Virginia Beach suburbs and parts of Norfolk. Those areas south of Yorktown have some bad crime and a lot is swept under the rug. It's about 4 hours from here but word spreads.

LES, the range is really looking like something...very professional in appearance and operation with the safety checks in place. The biggest upgrade mine did in 10 years was bulldozing out a 300 yard range and going to a RFID card to automatically open the gate...no more getting out of the car to open the lock/gate and then close it after you drive in.

RFID is pretty cool.

Our gate has a 10 key touch pad and each member is issued a gate code. Once keyed in the gate opens for entry. There is a motion sensor on the inside that opens when you approach the gate to leave...

Back