• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 4 x 4 .300 Win Mag with Wooden Stock

Ok, I ordered a wooden stock from Mossberg and swapped out the stocks today. I would appreciate everyone's opinion on whether you all think it looks OK or whether I should stick to the black skeletonized stock? I just want to make sure that it isn't too weird looking. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions!20150314_175036_resized-R.jpg 20150314_175110_resized-r.jpg

Weird?

Hell naw, it looks great! I like the looks of it a LOT better than the poly stock...

I was worried about all the potential color clashing with a Marinecoat barrel, black scope and wooden stock. I doubt any deer will mention that however :)

Until you pointed out all the different colors, I hadn't noticed.

Now I can't keep it off my mind. Kinda like that song that gets stuck in your head.

Just kidding.

I like the wood stock.

Yup, looks good, Doc! What are the 5 "slots" on the top of the foreend on either side? Vents or just indentations? And is it free-floated?

Yup, looks good, Doc! What are the 5 "slots" on the top of the foreend on either side? Vents or just indentations? And is it free-floated?
Bobster, this is Mossberg's OM Stock for the 4 x 4. When I ordered it I wasn't sure which design I was going to get as Mossberg seemed to change their designs a bit. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised as it is free floated and glass bedded. I like the fact that they are actual vents and not just indents for keeping the barrel cool :). The barrel and action fit very snug into the stock. Unfortunately when I was installing the trigger guard, I tightened the rear action screw too much and cracked the trigger guard. I received a replacement today and was more careful this time. All in all I am pleased with my cheek placement on the stock and ability to get a full sight picture through the scope quickly.

I have to say that I have been missing the look of wood on my rifle (suddenly had flashbacks of the Marine Corps "this is my rifle, this is my gun...."):) One could have a field day with that statement. In all seriousness, I believe it gives this old girl some class:)

Ok, I ordered a wooden stock from Mossberg and swapped out the stocks today. I would appreciate everyone's opinion on whether you all think it looks OK or whether I should stick to the black skeletonized stock? I just want to make sure that it isn't too weird looking. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions!View attachment 7782 View attachment 7783
I know I'm a little late to the game here,but I think it's a beautiful piece of art work...I think you made the right decision...be proud...

I like that gun a lot. I wish my .338 was marinecoat, but I have wood/matte black. How does it shoot?
I forgot to answer your question. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range due to the weather. I will be taking it out the first week of April and I will keep everyone posted on how she shoots!

Back