• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Welcome to Oregon now go Home

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
inspired by a recent post....this is supposed to be funny but you've heard of Southern hospitality, we have just the opposite . People are friendly , but the place s stand offish and proud at the same time. One of the greater Governors was McCall, people live by the quoted and some were in the running for the state welcome signs on the borders.....some are funny but I like them all, of corse I would

McCall quotes

• “Oregon is an inspiration. Whether you come to it, or are born to it, you become entranced by our state’s beauty, the opportunity she affords, and the independent spirit of her citizens.”
  • “If the salmon and steelhead are running, then as far as I am concerned, God knows that all is well in His world…the health of the environment is good if the salmon and steelhead are around. It is that simple.”
  • “The interests of Oregon for today and in the future must be protected from the grasping wastrels of the land. We must respect another truism – that unlimited and unregulated growth, leads inexorably to a lowered quality of life.”
  • “…Oregon is demure and lovely, and it ought to play a little hard to get. And I think you’ll be just as sick as I am if you find it is nothing but a hungry hussy , throwing herself at every stinking smokestack that’s offered.”

• “I am just…wondering, where is the glow of yesteryear? I’m wondering where the heroes went. Gosh, I don’t know how long ago they left. Heroes are not giant statues framed against a red sky. They are people who say: This is my community, and it is my responsibility to make it better. Interweave all these communities, and you really have an America that is back on its feet, a comfortable nation to live in again. I really think we’re gonna have to reassess what constitutes a hero.”
  • “We want you to visit our State of Excitement often. Come again and again. But for heaven’s sake, don’t move here to live. Or if you do have to move in to live, don’t tell any of your neighbors where you are going.” .........My personal favorite

We moved to Oregon a bit over a year ago, I'd been visiting Ashland since 1985 and finally after a lot of hard work was able to purchase our home in a beautiful spot across from Lithia Park. I spent 32 years before that in Alaska and 10 more in Atlanta working in a hospital before moving to OR. And guess what? The hostility here to "outsiders" is so intense that we're putting the house up for sale and moving out to the country in Northern Georgia. Oregon wants your money but doesn't want you. Even though I'm an Alaskan to my boots I'll take Southern hospitality any day of the week over what we're experiencing now. So I know what you mean. Just my two cents from someone who's been through it. You win Oregon, goodbye and we're taking our money with us.

Last edited:
too bad your getting crap......and in Ashland of all places, its like the utopian society of Southern Oregon .

Not making excuses but to those of us that call it home, its an act of self preservation of our culture.
Been in a culture war here for some time and "outsiders" are usually the ones who move here and that try to change it to the place they came from....mostly liberal strongholds.

Ashland is the liberal stronghold of the Rogue Valley and are usually accepting of every walk of life with open arms. I stay away from there , last time I was there was about a year ago when they tried to forbid open carry in Ashland city limits, had a small rally there, law didn't pass......

Good luck in Georgia....one of my best friends dad and family are from Georgia, great people

Ashland has definitely changed since I first came here 30 years ago. And I understand the idea of self preservation of culture, that was attempted in Alaska for most of the 32 years I was there, and they continue to lose that battle. I suppose we all get a little taste of how the true Native Americans felt. But here's the thing ... you cannot stop it. Cannot wish it away, push it away or curse it away. People have always migrated and will continue to do so. But it's how we handle that truth that speaks volumes about who we are, whether that be proud Oregonians, Alaskans, you name it. For us, it's time to move on down the road. Too much ugliness in The Beaver State toward others.

And thank you for the well wishes, it is much appreciated.

right on.......well if you need anything while your here just hit me up here, got deep roots in these parts......I'm only in Eagle Point so 30 minutes......don't think there's anyone in Ashland we cant whip lol, seriously though don't hesitate even if you just need help moving something heavy

right on.......well if you need anything while your here just hit me up here, got deep roots in these parts......I'm only in Eagle Point so 30 minutes......don't think there's anyone in Ashland we cant whip lol, seriously though don't hesitate even if you just need help moving something heavy
Thanks much appreciated, and have a good evening.

Dang...we have some pocket areas in PA that aren't friendly to outsiders but we don't compare to that. I'd like to visit but I'll make sure I get a Tshirt stating I'm not staying.

You need to drive out those involved in the newly passed background check crap and those that elected them...oh yeah, and the BLM.

Dang...we have some pocket areas in PA that aren't friendly to outsiders but we don't compare to that. I'd like to visit but I'll make sure I get a Tshirt stating I'm not staying.

You need to drive out those involved in the newly passed background check crap and those that elected them...oh yeah, and the BLM.
recall petitions are being signed as we speak ......however its just a feel good bill.

All bills of sale will be marked 5/10/15 or prior , cant do that then no sale.

what its going to do is kill Armslist and firearms forums that have a big selling section because ads online will be dated documentation for folks not complying ......and I haven't talked to anyone looking to comply

As for selling a gun, what about word of mouth?

Throw all of this online crap to the way side.

Yeah, you're sure to have more people viewing online, but if you can't sell a gun by word of mouth just by telling someone about it, you're doing something wrong.

Yeah, if it affects anyone it's because they let it

I don't have a problem with sickos not having guns but this is just not going to change anything on that end of things

So it is obviously an attempt at information gathering

In that case , I actually think we are breaking a bigger law by complying to that , a moral and cultural law that used to be the basis for creating all other laws

Back