• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Magazine Tubes

I only put everything together last night and have not had a chance to hit the range.... I will give you an update as soon as i go....

I ran it hard today & she shot & fed flawless. ....felt very well balanced & real easy on the shoulder. .....all very surprising

Thanks....i have to mention i did not shoot slug though so it's not a complete report......next week i will see....

Anyone use the S&J type 3 Mossberg specific follower in their Mossberg? I have several Rem 870's and use S&J type 2 and 3 in both my hunting and HD/SHTF guns. I've never had a problem with the metal follower in my Mossberg 500 but I like the bright flo green color and ability to feel if the mag is empty.

Re: What magazine extension tube to get for Mossberg 500?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=712123

Midway USA has the 8 shot extension tube but I am not sure that is long enough to accommodate the CDM gear mount.
Hello, I'm using your question because it has the mag tube related to my question(hope you don't mind). I have a 1972 model Mossberg New Haven 600A that has the 5 shell mag tube that has the ring stop and spring for the action tube on it. I am looking to upgrade it to the 20" barrel so I can use the 7 shot mag tube (not count chambered shell) that comes as a set from Brownells. (question) is there any reason the action tube(7 3/4") that I have would not work on the newer mag tubes that no longer use action stop rings? For anyone not aware of the Mossberg New Havens its the 500 built for Montgomery Ward Dept. store, and if it fits the 500A it fits the 600A. All my internal receiver parts I upgraded to the newer 500A model parts. I could resale my 18 1/2" barrel where I live in Ga. easily for $70 or more and end up with only $30+shipping in the 20" barrel mag set. thank you for anyone's help with this.

Attachments

• Mossberg 600AB 2.jpg
    Mossberg 600AB 2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 16
^^What he said^^

The only one's that I know of was some early receivers that were not cut out for the duel arm slide tubes. So if your receiver is cut out for duel arms you should be good to go.

Hello, I'm using your question because it has the mag tube related to my question(hope you don't mind). I have a 1972 model Mossberg New Haven 600A that has the 5 shell mag tube that has the ring stop and spring for the action tube on it. I am looking to upgrade it to the 20" barrel so I can use the 7 shot mag tube (not count chambered shell) that comes as a set from Brownells. (question) is there any reason the action tube(7 3/4") that I have would not work on the newer mag tubes that no longer use action stop rings? For anyone not aware of the Mossberg New Havens its the 500 built for Montgomery Ward Dept. store, and if it fits the 500A it fits the 600A. All my internal receiver parts I upgraded to the newer 500A model parts. I could resale my 18 1/2" barrel where I live in Ga. easily for $70 or more and end up with only $30+shipping in the 20" barrel mag set. thank you for anyone's help with this.

Tommy,this should explain it for you post #2,,,,

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-size-forend-tube-do-i-need.13033/

Hi guys,

Sorry to bump such an old thread but this seemed the most appropriate place to ask. I have a 590 (50778) and want to buy a 500 mag tube so I can use 500 barrels. I believe this is the tube I should order, but I just wanted to double check before I buy: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/869468/mossberg-magazine-tube-mossberg-500-a-12-gauge-matte Can anyone confirm?

Also, I assume I can re-use my S&J follower but do I need a different magazine spring? I have 2 springs right now, the one that came with my S&J extension and the one that came with the shotgun originally, but I think those might be too long to fit in the 14" mag tube since they are designed for 6 and 7 shot mag tube capacity.

That's the 5 shot mag tube used on several length barrels.

If you don't mind a little camo,,,,you can get one from Havlin for half that price with a spring.;)

Havlin (636) 937-6401

Back