• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Part #10462 Corn Cob forearm??

Has this forearm been discontinued ? I cant seem to source it anywhere? I know there are aftermarket brands but Id prefer to get a Mossberg one if possible. Furthermore, is there anywhere I can find the metal one? That part number is for the synthetic..

thanks guys!

Havlin has them. Click the link in the side bar on the left for "modern shotgun parts", then down a little ways, there's a highlighted link above the photo of the action slide tubes. It says "click here". It is for Mossberg parts including action slide tubes, triggers, safeties...

Havlin has them. Click the link in the side bar on the left for "modern shotgun parts", then down a little ways, there's a highlighted link above the photo of the action slide tubes. It says "click here". It is for Mossberg parts including action slide tubes, triggers, safeties...

Good find! I see its old factory surplus. Quite pricey considering.. So I guess these fore-ends are discontinued then.. I wonder if they have the one with the strap lying around.. Ill call mossberg first see what the deal is on those fore-ends not existing anymore lol

Any of you guys own a Tri rail / railed forend? Im curios to know how comfortable they are? Obviously the only thing you could put on the bottom rail is a vertical grip right? I seen some pics with lights on the side rails and looked like their was barely enough room for the hand..

I know there is a bunch of aftermarket ones but I like this mossberg one http://www.mossberg.com/product/500-tactical-tri-rail-6-8-shot-50589/ i wonder if its something they would sell separately ?

Any of you guys own a Tri rail / railed forend? .... Obviously the only thing you could put on the bottom rail is a vertical grip right?

No, there are other options, like a small tactical spring clip to hold a note reminding you to buy more training ammo..... ;)

No, there are other options, like a small tactical spring clip to hold a note reminding you to buy more training ammo..... ;)

Lmao .. I seena guy put a laser on it but the vertical grip behind so makes sense.. Im just wondering how comfortable it is to rack one of those tri rails with and without accessories on. I dont like vertical grips.

I had one. The ERGO trirail. I had a Magpul AFG on mine. It was ok and I liked the grip angle.

I think trirail offers a lot of space to hang stuff but honestly, the forend isn't the best place for things. Yes maybe a vertical grip, but a light would be much better off mounted in a fixed position. (My opinion)

But don't get hung up on gadgets. They're no surrogate for practice nor do they equal proficiency. And I agree with NiteSite, buy ammo. It's the best way to become efficient and effective.

I had one. The ERGO trirail. I had a Magpul AFG on mine. It was ok and I liked the grip angle.

I think trirail offers a lot of space to hang stuff but honestly, the forend isn't the best place for things. Yes maybe a vertical grip, but a light would be much better off mounted in a fixed position. (My opinion)

But don't get hung up on gadgets. They're no surrogate for practice nor do they equal proficiency. And I agree with NiteSite, buy ammo. It's the best way to become efficient and effective.

Yea you know your right.. Its so easy to get hung up in the want to upgrade and modify with lasers, lights and sights blah blah blah.. I think all I want is a light, spec ops gen 2 stock, Mesa side saddle a good sling and maybe some upgraded sights later on..

I could easily get carried away with red dot and hol sights and lasers and shit haha but i think it kills the beauty of a shot gun also

I could easily get carried away...

You and me both. And my statement is more a generalization rather than being aimed directly at you, but I remember getting caught up in the marketing and thinking that I can be ok without the stuff but I could be better with it. I think we get an idea in our head of what our gun should like, then we begin searching for parts. One search leads to another and before we know it, we've convinced ourselves that if it didn't work it wouldn't have been made and therefore it's a necessity. When it reality, much of it is marketed to a very specific target group. I'll concede there are functional aftermarket parts, and I'm far from a purist in the belief firearms should have wood furniture or you're a tactical poser.

The short answer is this;
Shoot it. A lot. If/when you discover a need, address it. That may be a sight, a different bead, a light, a barrel or magazine clamp, a rail whatever. Again I'm generalizing, I'm not trying to stop people from dressing up their gun however they want, but for new shooters, they don't have to feel like this stuff is necessary. The only thing that makes a shooter better is practice.

Back on topic, let us know what you find on those forends! :)

Back on topic, let us know what you find on those forends! :)

So I called this am and I talked to a girl who said they do still have the Corn-cob style fore-ends.. She told me they where in the catalog, funny enough i checked the online catalog and there was only 1 forend in the whole thing and it was the corn cob regular one..

She told me the corn cob with tri rail is $85 with the tube assembly and the nut. Regular corn cob by itself is $18. Ive called Mossberg twice now and im not sure if both times ive spoke to same girl but to be honest she wasn't the friendliest or most helpful despite having only heard good things about their support. I asked her for a price on the the SPX style corn cob forearm with strap also and she ignored this question and the more I asked the more pissed off she sounded lol..

Uhhhm, No. I'm surprised you spoke with a human. I usually get through, but I've only called when I don't mind waiting a while.

Back