• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

Anyone have more details on the Magpul forend? I'm looking for one that I can run with a Surefire M952. I'd like to use the pressure switch and run the wire thru the forend but outside the tube. What kind of clearance is there between the tube and the housing? I don't mind getting creative with the dremel if there is room. Once the wire is run and mounted there won't be any wear since it will be outside the mag tube, just curious if there is room.

Looking at a stock corn cobb forend it's obvious the idea will work in principle since there are three 3/16" rails running along the inside of the tube, I just wasn't sure if the Magpul forend had similar rails and room.

New to the forums and ran across this thread that seems to have the info I need. Hoping someone can clarify the information. I have a newer 500 with the ribbed one piece action slide (no actual action tube). I am looking to install an actual action tube with forend, but am not sure if I need a 6-3/4, 6-5/8, 7-3/4, or a 7-5/8 action tube. Can someone with more knowledge help me? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum from NY.

You have the "pinned" forend.
You can use either one when changing out the action tube and forend. Just make sure you get the right size forend for the action tube size.
forend chart.jpg

^^^ what he said. That will depend on your fore end. Some take he 6 1/2" and some the 7 3/4. Your mossberg will take either. If your get the 6 1/2" one and it's too small, the extension piece hogue makes will fix the problem. Easy answer, get the 6 1/2" and the adapter piece, and you'll always have the right length.

Just beware, there are a few forends that don't fit too good with the extension piece.

Thank you Mossy! As a new 500 owner that immediately dove into modifying it to my tactical wants, I totally missed the forend / action bar considerations. This led to a miserable evening trying to figure out how the simple forend fit onto my 500 without being able to cycle rounds from the magazine. Your posts of description and Hogue graphic answered it all! Next time I'll finish my research first...

Which Mossberg model produced now, has the correct Wood 6.5" forend and stock, same size as my 14" SBS? Any in walnut or has that ship sailed and only cheaper woods available? I'm having a hard time finding wood furniture to swap into my 14" 590A1 due to the short action bars.

Thinking about buying a new donor 12g shotgun, harvesting the wood for my 590A1 - replacing with polymer and selling it. I'm in Canada so I have a hard time finding a US company to ship to me, other than Numrich and Brownell's.

Is this one the 6.5" forend?

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/details/16274/Mossberg-500-All-Purpose-12-Gauge.aspx

or this:

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/3967/mossberg-500-12-gauge-field-pump-shotgun

Here's a couple Mossy's, my 14" is the issue, with the short action bars.

14and185mossy0001_zps7a34ae78.jpg

Very hard to tell what forend and action tube a new Mossberg will come with from the factory. They like to switch things around.

I would give Mossberg a call and see if you can just order a short wood forend.
(800) 363-3555

Hello everybody! First post and I have a question/need help please. I tried to message Mossberg early last week but no answer yet.

I have a Mossy "Golden Trigger" model 20 ga 500C that has the wood forearm on it. I tried to put on a Magpull synthetic forearm on it but it wont fit. Does Mossberg have any synthetic forearm parts that would go with this model? If so, what do they cost please? Ill probably end up having to buy the whole piece; forearm, slide tube & rails. Thank you!

Long story short, I got my first shotgun last Saturday (obviously a Mossberg 500) and I'd like to mount a light to it. From what I can tell, my version would not have enough room to use something that would mount to the barrel and tube. So, I'm going to need to have a forend with a rail. I've done some looking around but it looks like not everything labeled Mossberg 500 fits on all Mossberg 500s. Since Mossberg has about 60 models of the 500 floating around I'm not exactly sure which one I have. I do know that it has an 18.5 inch breacher barrel and it holds 6 rounds. I have added a picture to help identify the gun.

10432-1450711588-e808696c6d721d348eb8ae29c00eb2b6.jpg

I'd love to get a Surfire DSF-500 for simplicity and someone has a great price on them on ebay. However, with the various forend models and reviews I've found, some folks have had trouble trying to add aftermarket forends to their 500. Can anyone tell me what I need to look for or buy? I'd rather not get something in the mail and then get a surprise when trying to swap them out. Thanks for any and all help.

Back