• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Pump Action Forends

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-sling-and-flashlight-combo-mount.html looks like a decent solution for ya. Just takes a bit of searching but there are quite a few inexpensive mounting options for you.

I use the 930 version of this on my shotgun. I prefer it to any other way of mounting a light that I have seen, other than the Surefire integrated light which is close to $300. It puts the light in the perfect location for me to hit the tailcap naturally with my thumb when holding the gun.

Sadly I don't believe any of those options will work. The GG&G looks great but I don't have the room between the tube and barrel like other models do. The cut out is going to have to fit to the barrel as opposed to that lug that fits the barrel to the tube.

Also, I don't have an inch between my forend and the bracket so any of those tube attachments won't work.

I got a Surefire forend but don't like it. There's barely enough room to put my hand on it and rack the gun so I'm sending it back.

Looks like I'm back to an aftermarket railed forend. This brings me back to my original question, is there apparently a size I'm supposed to buy? I've seen a number of people that buy magpul or other brands for their mossberg 500 and they don't fit. Apparently I bought a model that is a PITA to attach alight to.

Ill second the CDM. He makes a solution just for your situation that fits into a half inch or less of space. It includes a rail section and hardware and is slotted on the underside for a sling and also has a limited rotation cup for a push button QD.

image.jpg

This mount will fit tight to the lug on your setup and still leave clearance for the forend.

He makes a couple other options too that have a dedicated loop for a light. I prefer this style so I can remove the light altogether and leave a clean side if I want, like in this case in my pic.

Long story short, I got my first shotgun last Saturday (obviously a Mossberg 500) and I'd like to mount a light to it. From what I can tell, my version would not have enough room to use something that would mount to the barrel and tube. So, I'm going to need to have a forend with a rail. I've done some looking around but it looks like not everything labeled Mossberg 500 fits on all Mossberg 500s. Since Mossberg has about 60 models of the 500 floating around I'm not exactly sure which one I have. I do know that it has an 18.5 inch breacher barrel and it holds 6 rounds. I have added a picture to help identify the gun.

10432-1450711588-e808696c6d721d348eb8ae29c00eb2b6.jpg

I'd love to get a Surfire DSF-500 for simplicity and someone has a great price on them on ebay. However, with the various forend models and reviews I've found, some folks have had trouble trying to add aftermarket forends to their 500. Can anyone tell me what I need to look for or buy? I'd rather not get something in the mail and then get a surprise when trying to swap them out. Thanks for any and all help.

Welcome and congrats on your new Mossy.

As far as the model 500 it's a
mossberg_500_cruiser_54125_standoff.jpg

It's a 500 but they use a 590 type barrel and mag tube.

You might be able to put a mag tube extension on it and be able to hook up a light bracket.??????

3095-1.jpg

Hope it helps you.

I have had two aluminum tri-rail forends set up on my 590 breacher and my 590A1...

The side rails offer a way to attach a forward light mount. It's not ideal since it'd be preferable to have the light stationary, but it's an option. There are some more traditional polymer railed forends out there as well...

old mossy, Thanks for the ID. Figures I'd end up getting some goofy model. Doesn't look like the extension would he me to mount anything.

Rossignol, I think that had inch mount, the CDM MTR, would be the ticket. However, the size of it does worry me in terms of how well that rail is going stay put. I only see one person out there that is reviewing and and it sounds like it did okay after putting on some loctite.

Looks like I need to measure my action tube length (if that's the correct term) to see what forend options might be available to me.

Rossignol, I think that had inch mount, the CDM MTR, would be the ticket. However, the size of it does worry me in terms of how well that rail is going stay put. I only see one person out there that is reviewing and and it sounds like it did okay after putting on some loctite.

We've got a thread on here somewhere I can try to find. I've been using CDM for years. I used to shoot a lot more than I do now but always had the CDM mount on there when I did.

It's not outside the realm of possibility loctite could needed. Nothing wrong with using a drop of the blue for safe measure but I've never used any.

I'll see if I can find that thread on here.

Thanks Rossignol. So I'm assuming you feel pretty good about the mount? Feel like your light is nice and secure?

I do, but again, I'm not going to rule out the loctite. I've never needed it, but I can't say no one else hasn't. You can always contact Scott of CDM and ask him if he's ever encountered the issue and let him address your concerns. He's easy to talk with and willing to help. He certainly shoots and tests more than I do.

I'm also not saying this is THE solution, only that its among the possible solutions and that this among his designs was made to address circumstances such as yours.

So am I confident in what I'm using? I am.

Okay, using loctite is not big deal to me. It's more about the fact that the rail is attached by one screw on a small surface. Of course I understand the slim design necessitates this. I think I'm going to go this route as I prefer to go ahead and keep my forend with the strap.

Thank you!

So, I called Havlin and they were nice, but they only had a synthetic in green for the 500C. Wrote to Mossberg and was helped by a Ms./Mrs. Estrada from customer service. Am grateful for her help, she found the part I needed and have since ordered.

If anyone else needs a Mossy 500C 20ga black synthetic forearm, the part number is : 14817- $35.00 Plus $6.95 s/h

I have a new 500 tactical cruiser coming from grabagun. I purchased a Magpul stock for it and want to replace the forend with a tactical one that has a pictinney rail for add ons like a light. There are so many that I see available on places like Ebay but do not have a clue as to what is quality and what is junk. Suggestions would be very appreciated.

Have you looked at the Magpul forend? They are generally liked by those that have them and you can add pic rails in several locations on the forend.

I've installed Magpul furniture on my 590 and also added mag grips to it. I've had no issues so far with either.

On a separate note, anyone have experience with ATI forends? Installed the tactical on my 500, and the pump action is pretty stiff and tube slightly sticks once in a while at receiver end. Not sure because it's not broken in or something else. I also removed the appropriate ribs and used correct spacers that were provided.

Just picked up an older Revelation Western Auto 310C (Mossy 500C) 20 gauge pump that has the 7 5/8 slide tube with just one action bar. Can anyone direct me to a black polymer forend that will fit this ???mossy500 002.JPG

Back