• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling choice

Do you plan to carry it vertically like soldiers on a march, or across your chest, or in a muzzle down attitude. Do you want it instantly ready for action, or when hunting and crossing a creek, or to help stabilize your aim? Single point you can switch shoulders to, or two-point? Where are your sling attachment points on the stock?

I'd love to try and help if I had some more information to go on.

And welcome to the forum1

Jeff,

This is only my opinion but I am certain that if you get that 25-shell bandolier sling you will only need about nineteen seconds to find you hate it.

Jeff, where are the sling mounting points on the ATI stock? On top, the side or the bottom?

Jeff,

This is only my opinion but I am certain that if you get that 25-shell bandolier sling you will only need about nineteen seconds to find you hate it.
Yeah, I'm going to agree. I may just go with the ATI nylon sling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jeff, where are the sling mounting points on the ATI stock? On top, the side or the bottom?
Side. There's a small hole in the frame. The ATI sling just clicks into that hole. I'm not sure how it mounts to the front.
I'm still learning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jeff,

If you want cross chest carry your sling attachments need to be as near to the top of the gun at both front and rear points. Otherwise the weapon will traverse to laying sideways or even worse completely upside down when you are hands off.

Hi BillT.

How have you been doing? I remember your wonderful threads about your commercial loading business, and I sure like the poolside pics you sometimes injected into the conversation.

TC-

That looks like a bargain BUT the OP wanted (in this ancient thread) to carry across chest so those sling swivels would never work at all.

But thanks for bringing this thread back. I appreciate your interest a LOT.

I love the Magpul MS sling series. The MS3 works best for me on my ARs but I really like what you did to your MS1 slings. Great idea!

Also that is an excellent photo.

Back