• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

308 MVP LC magazine availability?

when I had mine I could get only the tens twenties and thirties. You can use pmags DPMS metal mags, and what other kind seems like it was either M1 or M14 but the other two or more widely available and cheaper. I don't think anybody makes a 15 rounder.

when I had mine I could get only the tens twenties and thirties. You can use pmags DPMS metal mags, and what other kind seems like it was either M1 or M14 but the other two or more widely available and cheaper. I don't think anybody makes a 15 rounder.

Thanks. I think I'm coming to that conclusion. I have 10-rounders; max in NJ are 15-rounds...currently.

If you could find a metal 20 rounder, you could have it pinned at 15. Problem is getting a 20 rounder shipped to you. Good Luck!!

Does anyone know of a 15-round magazine that will fit the Mossberg 308 MVP LC?

Sir, did you see my link to Checkmate Industries in post #5?

They are top notch quality, the present CAGE manufacturer for USGI M14 magazines used by our military.

Sir, did you see my link to Checkmate Industries in post #5?

They are top notch quality, the present CAGE manufacturer for USGI M14 magazines used by our military.

Yes, checked it and called. The MVP LC takes the LR/SR spec'd magazine. It does not accept the M1A - which is the link you provided to me - magazine. Checkmate confirmed that the MVP LC does not list compatibility with the M1A platform. According to Mossberg, they know of no 15-round magazines currently available. If I was in another state, I could get 20 and modify to bring here, but even that would probably raise eyebrows here, since in its native condition there is no 15-round mag for the MVP LC.

Well, darn. I didn't know the LC MVP was different, because other MVPs take M14/M1A mags.

Sorry that I got it wrong.

This is another older thread, but I need to add for newcomers.

It's true the MVP LC 7.62 does not accept my M1A/m14 mags. Altho it's 3 years later the Mossberg website has yet to be changed. I did write Mossberg customer service so let's see. I'm a bit miffed as I had my 20 round M1A mags. Living in Vermont they are 'grandfathered', but I cannot order or import any new.

There was an article at Tactical-Life.com in 2016:

Mossberg’s bolt-action MVP rifles are very popular, with both 5.56mm and 7.62mm NATO models. The 5.56mm models are designed to feed from standard AR-style mags, while the 7.62mm rifles can use LR308/SR-25-style mags as well as M1A/M14-style mags. (The one exception is the MVP-LC 7.62mm rifles, which only feed the LR308/SR-25 style mags, due to chassis style).

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/test-mossberg-mvp-lc-rifle/

Back