• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Poked some holes in some paper this morning.....I ran some Federal 00 and #4 through the SW from 21ft. I love Federal shells, and this #4 lays down a nice spread in close quarters, I was getting approximately a 5 to 6 inch spread at 21ft.

102_8803.JPG 102_87981.jpg

Federal 7 1/2 shot - 4 from 14ft
Any day that you can poke some holes in paper is a good day!
1f1fa_1f1f2.png

102_8671.JPG 102_2.jpg

And many say 7.5 are not good personal protection? I sure would hate to get hit in the face with just ONE of those rounds

:) birdshot for HD is one of those topics that`ll make the natives restless......

I personally think that birdshot can be a viable load for HD in certain circumstanes but buckshot is a safer bet to stop the threat! As long as your B&E menace isn`t wearing body armor a well placed load of birdshot in close quarters (0 to 21ft) should inspire the bad guy to either fall down or unass the premises......;) and if your threat is wearing body armor, please stand well away from me because you`ve pissed off the wrong folks!

I ran some Fiocchi low recoil 9 pellet 00 buckshot through the little SW this morning....I trying to get off two shots and as fast as I can stay on paper from 28ft. My results were fairly consistent, I was able to hit the 10" circle each time and I was getting about a 4 1/4" spread give or take.....It wasn`t pretty but it was effective!

102_8825.JPG

102_8832.JPG

I ran a little Hornady through the SW this morning.....both loads are a bit of a handful but doable. I`ll pass on future use of slugs in the SW but that CD is a beast, it`s just like chunkin` bricks at 1600 fps! FYI: Wrong house Bob once printed off is 6 3/4" ear to ear and that kill box is 2 3/4" and all shots today were taken from 21 ft.

57.jpg

20180621_101426.jpg

I ran some Federal Tactical LE 2 3/4" 8 pellet 00 buck through the little SW today.....I`m no SW sniper but I can tear up some paper in close quarters! :)

102_8846.JPG 102_8851.JPG

It`s 12 ft from the edge of my bed to the door, here`s one fired from 14` in the sitting position.

Federal 2 3/4" 7.5 shot 100 round value pack $21 @ Walmart......

102_8868.JPG 102_8865-1.jpg

Elbert, enjoy reading all your test results. I was reading on line last night and came across a shell that I had not seen before and was wondering if you've either seen or tried them.

They are called "Copper Matrix NTF" and apparently it's a slug made of copper particles which are frangible. Sounds interesting but don't know how it would work on different targets. I've not seen them around here but we're limited in places that carry such things.

Know you're not focused as much on slugs but if you really want to see what a shockwave is capable of try some Brenneke Black Magic Magnums. They are not available in 2 3/4 inch any more but the 3 inch ones work well. If you try them use a hard target. I quite frankly haven't seen anything better. We use for bear defense.

Regards

Elbert, enjoy reading all your test results. I was reading on line last night and came across a shell that I had not seen before and was wondering if you've either seen or tried them.

They are called "Copper Matrix NTF" and apparently it's a slug made of copper particles which are frangible. Sounds interesting but don't know how it would work on different targets. I've not seen them around here but we're limited in places that carry such things.

Know you're not focused as much on slugs but if you really want to see what a shockwave is capable of try some Brenneke Black Magic Magnums. They are not available in 2 3/4 inch any more but the 3 inch ones work well. If you try them use a hard target. I quite frankly haven't seen anything better. We use for bear defense.

Regards

No Sir, never heard of them until now but I`m interesting in giving them a try!

Back