• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

House goes dem [ʇıɥs], Senate stays Rep.

Scoop

.30-06
Pelosi in her first speech as assumptive House leader.

"...will have greater confidence in everything their Congress works on, from health care to taxes to guns to clean air and clean water..."

It's going to be a wild ride.

My dad told me back in the '60s that he favored the Senate/House split because it was harder to get any laws passed. The less the government did the better it was for the people. We'll see.

As of this writing, it is still a little too early to tell and I hope she is wrong. If Dumpocraps DO win the House, I predict their obstructionism and anti-Constitutionalism will cause a Red Wave in 2020 not unlike the Tea Party Wave of '10. And Trumpy will cruise to victory, as well. :D

On a more positive note, it would seem the Senate will go to the Republicans with gains in many races. Some are too close to call such as here in FL, where Governor Scott is narrowly in the lead against Senilator Nelson. Nelson is already crying "foul" so expect a recount or court challenge. :rolleyes:

On an even more positive note here in FL, former US Rep. Ron DeSantis has scored a victory against Nobama-esque Andrew Gollum, the "community organizer" Mayor of Tallahassee... :) The Republican that ran for DeSantis' old seat has won (Colonel Mike Waltz) which happens to be the district I am in. :) The cabinet races (AG and CFO) are locked up Republican with the exception of Secretary of Agriculture which is led by a Republican but is too close to call. The SoAg is the department that issues Carry Permits, BTW... The Dem is a pretty girl, no doubt helped by votes from young dumb and full of c** young men... :rolleyes: My local state races were won by Republicans although many city, school and county races (NPA) were won by people recommended by the Dumpocrap Party of FL...

NV is on it's way out as a free state..
ALL blue now.....Get ready for gun rights erosion here in NV. Clark County and Las Vegas is a Liberal Democrat cesspool

May need to invest in diving equipment to recover all the guns lost in Lake Mead boating accidents.......

WM, Look at the TN map... almost all red. C'mon down.

2021 is the date at this point. Just need to save up a couple more years to build in a savings account "cushion" just in case I run in hard times in the future. Wife is on board for TN 100% now.

Im fully prepared for my flogging after i say what im gonna say
But being from what is still the best country on earth with the best(not perfect) system of governance i can still say what i want. EVERYONE had a chance to vote in relative peace and safety yesterday. Turn outs are huge as they should be and things are very close, parity for lack of better term. Im actually in a weird sort of way totally OK with the house going to Dems ARRRGgHHHh wtg did he just say ????? Absolute power corrupts absolutely our founder knew this. To me it is simply confirmation our system is still functioning. Balance is a good thing yin/yang. I didnt want Obama to be king nor do I want Trump as king. Checks and balances. Is the left a binch of obstructionist nuts bent on our constitions destruction yes they are, and we have to keep them in check. Would the far right go full blitz out of control if allowed YES they would. Ok i said it.
Make no mistake im a 100% Trumper i want what I THINK he wants, but im also not a sheep to ANY PARTY or person. Yes the house is gonna be a real pain in the butt, BUT it shoulf be evidence of a system that continues to give all votes merit anf importance.
IMG_20181105_162707_01-1.jpg

Im fully prepared for my flogging after i say what im gonna say
But being from what is still the best country on earth with the best(not perfect) system of governance i can still say what i want. EVERYONE had a chance to vote in relative peace and safety yesterday. Turn outs are huge as they should be and things are very close, parity for lack of better term. Im actually in a weird sort of way totally OK with the house going to Dems ARRRGgHHHh wtg did he just say ????? Absolute power corrupts absolutely our founder knew this. To me it is simply confirmation our system is still functioning. Balance is a good thing yin/yang. I didnt want Obama to be king nor do I want Trump as king. Checks and balances. Is the left a binch of obstructionist nuts bent on our constitions destruction yes they are, and we have to keep them in check. Would the far right go full blitz out of control if allowed YES they would. Ok i said it.
Make no mistake im a 100% Trumper i want what I THINK he wants, but im also not a sheep to ANY PARTY or person. Yes the house is gonna be a real pain in the butt, BUT it shoulf be evidence of a system that continues to give all votes merit anf importance.
View attachment 19418

I think the disappointment with losing the house is that the republicans had the entire branch of government and "as usual" did nothing with it due to never-trumpers aligning with democrats and allow obstruction to continue rather than push through the presidential agenda.

Obamacare repeal was thwarted by McCain due to his grievance with the president.

While we got a new tax overhaul and there are pieces which nullify the guts of the ACA provisions regarding individual mandates and penalties we gave up on a budget that can't be sustained with the tax cuts approved. Thus adding to the increasing net deficit.

No gun rights were pushed along. We had a chance at BOTH the hearing protection act to declassify supressors from NFA AND national concealed carry reciprocity. Both were stalled. What we got from republicans in republican held states was actually MORE gun control - Florida a ban on bump stocks, increased the age to buy a rifle to 21. Same with Vermont (bump stock ban, magazine size limits, etc).

No immigration reform yet activist judges stopped the President's constitutional authority to resist high risk immigrants from areas designated by the Obama Administration as being radical countries.

No wall at the southern border and now we have upwards of 10,000 invading illegal immigrants waiting to push through.

People forget the budget and the "purse" belongs to the House of Representatives. You think a wall will be placed in budgetary form the next two years? What happens when these people cross. Because they will cross daring military action with cameras pinned on them waiting to cat call military violence against "peaceful refugees".

I was hoping for 2 more years of full government control. It appeared the republicans finally banded together with the Kavanaugh shit show and maybe could work together to push forward the remaining agenda items that would have given some teeth to our immigration policy and stave off the migration more so than in previous years.

There's other issues now too. Florida passed an amendment which gave about 1.5M felons the right to vote again. 2020 voting may not go the way of red because of this. People don't see the big picture in this... and that's what they are counting on.

So the question is... Can Trump win without Florida?

gonna be hard for republicans and Pres Trump to get stuff done... I'm a republican in Massachusetts... We won nothing. Charlie Baker is basically a Democrat that ran as a republican and got huge support from both parties.

On the whole ballot, only one thing I voted for passed - Sometimes I hate this state, but it's still home.

Things keep getting pushed and changed, eventually elections won't be decided by who spent the most money on advertisement, but who has the biggest will to survive in the streets.

I feel like the wheels are stuck in the mud. Instead of moving forward with anything worthwhile we are in a redundant cycle of doing and undoing the same crap.

I think the disappointment with losing the house is that the republicans had the entire branch of government and "as usual" did nothing with it due to never-trumpers aligning with democrats and allow obstruction to continue rather than push through the presidential agenda.

Obamacare repeal was thwarted by McCain due to his grievance with the president.

While we got a new tax overhaul and there are pieces which nullify the guts of the ACA provisions regarding individual mandates and penalties we gave up on a budget that can't be sustained with the tax cuts approved. Thus adding to the increasing net deficit.

No gun rights were pushed along. We had a chance at BOTH the hearing protection act to declassify supressors from NFA AND national concealed carry reciprocity. Both were stalled. What we got from republicans in republican held states was actually MORE gun control - Florida a ban on bump stocks, increased the age to buy a rifle to 21. Same with Vermont (bump stock ban, magazine size limits, etc).

No immigration reform yet activist judges stopped the President's constitutional authority to resist high risk immigrants from areas designated by the Obama Administration as being radical countries.

No wall at the southern border and now we have upwards of 10,000 invading illegal immigrants waiting to push through.

People forget the budget and the "purse" belongs to the House of Representatives. You think a wall will be placed in budgetary form the next two years? What happens when these people cross. Because they will cross daring military action with cameras pinned on them waiting to cat call military violence against "peaceful refugees".

I was hoping for 2 more years of full government control. It appeared the republicans finally banded together with the Kavanaugh shit show and maybe could work together to push forward the remaining agenda items that would have given some teeth to our immigration policy and stave off the migration more so than in previous years.

There's other issues now too. Florida passed an amendment which gave about 1.5M felons the right to vote again. 2020 voting may not go the way of red because of this. People don't see the big picture in this... and that's what they are counting on.

So the question is... Can Trump win without Florida?
All great points. We don't have much to show for 2 years of control.

PA is staying the same. An Obama wanna-be governor and republican controlled legislature. 2 more years of a nothing sandwich coming up.

Gridlock is not always a bad thing.

Fortunately the path for Trump appointed judges should a little easier.

Kurt Schlichter had something to say about that: https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...-their-meager-success-by-being-jerks-n2535507

Pelosi outlined the foundations of a bipartisan charade in her odd victory speech with the clown car crew that will make up the new House leadership Tuesday night. Infrastructure programs and drug price reform were her top objectives. The thing is, both ideas are shovel-ready for Trump to steal.

After all, Trump was promising an infrastructure plan back during his campaign; it was the GOP that was stalling it, not the Democrats. He should push the infrastructure program he always wanted, and dare the Democrats to oppose him. If he wants to be really aggressive, he should aim it towards minority communities that the Democrats have traditionally paid attention to right before elections and then ignored for the next two years. He should insist that those communities get a share of the work and the skill training that goes with it, and he should go to them and take credit for it. Polls already show minority approval of Trump is higher than for any other Republican – time to push that.

Feel frer to move if im misposting wrong place. Im just pondering in 2 years the Dems have an arse load of work to do from dumb ole country boy perspective in my part of the country if they want to take over. See i just paid 1.99 a gallon to fill my truck up I like that, its taking me almost no time or any different for a VA appointment than my civilian doctor and lately my waiting room time is better at VA than civ doc i like that too, in our region there are more quality good paying jobs/career opportunities than folk to fill them that very nice, the things i like to purchase are very available and very affordable im getting a whole lotta bang for my buck i also like that. Now i know the scream racist or sexist or nationalist or other things i would not like (cept nationalist kinda like that) but ive seen no evidence in fact all is to the contrary. I guess im just saying somebody is doing something good we feeling on main st and somebody aint doin shit as always except talking and sligging poop.
Sorry im done i rambled

Yeah, I actually like the way things are going to be. Trump gets to fill judgeships, and perhaps one or two of them will be supreme court appointments, and the dems can either actually do the things he wants to do, or they can try to investigate things that folks don't care about. Either way Trump wins.

I am reading a new book about psychology and it points out all the ways Trump has succeeded (and failed) to attract support. Very interesting lessons in salesmanship (though the book calls it persuasion) and they gave me new outlook on Washington and the media.

When you view the news from DC, one can make the effort to separate, in the mind:
...the visible message the photos deliver
...the words being spoken (the overt message)
...the body language of the people

When you find those things at odds at some way, you are being played, managed, persuaded and convinced.

The media have us thinking Trump won because he could take the pulse of American "deplorables" and thus brandish dark ,mean, racist policies they wanted .

But the author claims that Trump was mainly successful because he persuaded folks of what he wanted: his policies, which were the right ones in Trump's mind, but totally non-PC in the media-trained mind of over 50% of Americans.

So did the people persuade Trump? Or does Trump persuade people?

(Hint, who has the fancy hotels all around the world?)

BTW, Calif is still counting votes.

Not a recount. Yet. Just the straggle votes.

Looks like imported dem TJ Cox beats Repub David Validao at this point, by the slimmest of margins so far, but still counting...

Back