• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why build a short AR ??

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Feel free to elaborate with your reason. Mine is now simple. Cause when ya ground your gear from checkin the perimeter it fits on the cutting board while your makin a samich !!! Thats my Why, your turn...
20181029_213543.jpg

OK. Now you done went and done it. You asked for reasons.

You know you're not supposed to seek out logic on the internet.

That's like asking someone how to fry ice sickles. (thankfully, I have my Mom's old recipe) so I'll get back to this topic after my supper time sammich.

Best reason I can think of is
"Merica"

I like this one for the 220+ grain pew. One heckuva way to introduce yourself to unwelcome guests.

nRkHrZn.jpg

And here's a couple other little things that I keep hanging around.

The last of my short stuff is the newest acquisition. It's the only upper that I didn't build myself. It's one of the few actual 14.5" Colt Socom uppers that has ever leaked out to the civilian market from a colt authorized dealer. I could tell you which unit turned these in at the end of their last deployment, but I gave him my word that I wouldn't. I think most here would recognize it though. They were turned in for newer uppers once they got back to the states last go round since they had been downrange a while. I can't recall ever seeing a colt socom upper that wasn't 16" with a pinned flash hider.

n1t35id.jpg

Why not is the question, we are living in beautiful times - I have a 7" build completed now with KAK Blade, doing a 10.5" build with SBA3 brace next -

Because I can, because I want to, and because it's my right to have one. That covers the why, now let's talk logic.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

My short AR is a pistol so......
an SBR without the SBR BS
conceal with CCW
super handy
super light
super fun to shoot
fun to reload/test short barrel specific ammo
awesome fighting gun
unnamed.jpg

LOL , those are Military issue Vans but I am wearing tactical flannel shirt......and a pair of wildland fire pants.....kevlar gov issue....that part isn't a lie lol

LOL , those are Military issue Vans but I am wearing tactical flannel shirt......and a pair of wildland fire pants.....kevlar gov issue....that part isn't a lie lol
This is a reason i love the Mossy site the farther apart we seem the closer many of us actually are :). Like your choice of britches as for shoes im a offroad croc no sock man even at a balmy 33 degrees, lol
Ps.. Yes we will derail a thread if we want adapt and overcome !!20181116_103703.jpg

well you dont have to worry about changing socks.......your gear would kill my feet . I got a bad case of jungle foot in AK , since then I cant mess around with no socks anymore ......in fact I have to use smart wool when I have my feet cooped up in fire boots all summer. I pulled a camp job this year in a Planning Ops position, wore my boots but with cotton socks....16 hour days not in the wood and still EFFed up my feet some

Huge fireball, ridiculous muzzle blast, over-pressure that will squeeze your eyeballs indoors, whats not to like?:ripper:Mo' Shorty!.jpg
Shorty P travels with me most places now. Lets me carry along a loaded rifle caliber weapon that falls under concealed carry laws in the states I frequent.

Back