• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 "Retrograde"

I know that I dont' ever intend to affix a bayonet, but dang. I like that.

Reminds me a lot of the old Ithacas.

Considering I don't own an A1 right now, and I have one "old school" build (M500 with 18.5", walnut corn cob forend and walnut bantam stock), and one "tacticool" (590 7-shot, 18.5" barrel with S&J +1, Magpul furniture, Model #50778), looks like I'm more than ready to add the "go to war" 590A1 with the retro furniture - I will need to shorten the LOP on it as 14" is way too much for me, but I'm lacking a Mossberg which takes a bayonet. (Don't we all need one shotgun that takes a bayonet?)

Really looking forward to their 100th anniversary next year!

Considering I don't own an A1 right now, and I have one "old school" build (M500 with 18.5", walnut corn cob forend and walnut bantam stock), and one "tacticool" (590 7-shot, 18.5" barrel with S&J +1, Magpul furniture, Model #50778), looks like I'm more than ready to add the "go to war" 590A1 with the retro furniture - I will need to shorten the LOP on it as 14" is way too much for me, but I'm lacking a Mossberg which takes a bayonet. (Don't we all need one shotgun that takes a bayonet?)

Really looking forward to their 100th anniversary next year!

How do you like the 50778? Does it feel a little lighter than the a1 since it doesn’t have the heavy walled barrel?

See my post in your thread - its a great choice for the money! :)

To keep it on thread, I saw the 590A1 retros are starting to show up to distributors - better grab your wallets, they are looking for $700 or so, street price.

If I wanted a 20" barreled A1, I'd probably get one of the SKU's that sell for the low 400's and grab my own wood furniture and stain it myself - the GRS with the heat shield is definitely a rare combo however. It looks great with the dark stained furniture.

Back