• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.45 at home

The people who write that drivel are getting paid to do it.

By the people wanting to sell it to you.

And the people buying it, are the ones that don't know any better.

It is also why I am never an early adopter of anything.

I'm interested in the 9x39. Not going to lie about it. I am.

But you won't see me run out and buy a barrel until I am seeing a steady of supply of components on the shelf so I can make my own ammo because there is no way that I'm going to buy a gun that only has ammunition imported from Russia that can be banned from import with the swipe of a pen. That is just stupid to me.

In my studies there are internal ballistics, external ballistics, terminal ballistics and bullshit ballistics.

View attachment 20515
Roger that for sure. Ive shown many that exact picture.
A huge eye opener for me was not actually pistol related, but lethality related on real flesh n blood not inanimate material.
30.06, very powerful maybe 2800ftpds energy, buck 55yds direct heart shot , he ran over 150yds with no heart no clue he was dead.
Same stand following year crossbow maybe 80 ftpds energy , very large momma doe 30 yds, heart shot, took maybe 4 steps doa

Each thing kills differently and often individual creatures die differently same wound.

Men on battlefield many have received same wounds same weapon same care, some die,some live.

Science is, but theyre are intangibles that cannot be quantified.

I have to post this picture again because when I first picked up this revolver I thought a .45-70 would have a lot more kick than my .45. Instead it was extremely manageable.

.325 gn ballistic tip makes a nice Flash.
Screenshot_20190401-172803.png

So now I'm thinking that maybe that 500 Smith & Wesson of my dreams really isn't too big a pistol for me.

As long as I don't have to carry it all day!

I have to post this picture again because when I first picked up this revolver I thought a .45-70 would have a lot more kick than my .45. Instead it was extremely manageable.

.325 gn ballistic tip makes a nice Flash.
View attachment 20517

So now I'm thinking that maybe that 500 Smith & Wesson of my dreams really isn't too big a pistol for me.

As long as I don't have to carry it all day!
I love the idea of that 45.70 pistola, classic look classic cartridge, beauty.

Cadd, that 45-70 reminds me of a flamethrower I used to own: a Chinese Tokarev in 7.62x25. That gun had a crack to it. One of many guns I wished I still had even though ammo is semi-scarce. It DID have an extra 9mm barrel that worked OK with the factory mag but was not something I would rely on...

I like my G30, I keep a G21 mag in it with sleeve. I'd compare it to a fat G19 and mine is not the slim frame but fits me well.

Firing my 96A1 (Beretta 92 in .40) I was amazed at how comfortable it was to shoot. I can only imagine how much of a pussycat the 92 is! (been a while since I've shot one)

Back