• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flip Up Sights for 590A1?

Hi guys,

I slapped a Black Aces Quad Rail on my 590A1 along with a red dot and was curious as to which flip up sight would best suit my gun?

I've been doing some research comparing Fab Defense V.S. Magpul MBUS, and I think I'm leaning towards Fab Defense for the tool-less adjustment factor.

I've also noticed these sights are made for the AR platform... Will they work on my shotgun as well?
If not, are there flip ups dedicated for shotgun? (I am used to the old school bead sight - not this tactical stuff. lol)

Do any of you run backup flip up sights on your shotguns?

Last edited:
Hello!

Unrelated to your question, and I apologize however, when you installed your quad rail, was there space at the forend between the quad rail and the mounting brackets on the barrel/mag tube?

I just installed one and it appears stable but I’m eyeballing a center position by tightening/loosening the screws that secure the quad rail to the mounting brackets.

Hi guys,

I slapped a Black Aces Quad Rail on my 590A1 along with a red dot and was curious as to which flip up sight would best suit my gun?

I've been doing some research comparing Fab Defense V.S. Magpul MBUS, and I think I'm leaning towards Fab Defense for the tool-less adjustment factor.

I've also noticed these sights are made for the AR platform... Will they work on my shotgun as well?
If not, are there flip ups dedicated for shotgun? (I am used to the old school bead sight - not this tactical stuff. lol)

Do any of you run backup flip up sights on your shotguns?

Hello PhysioDoc,

If you are referring to "wiggle room" for the mounting brackets, there was very little - and by that I mean barely any space. It was abit difficult for me to install this quad rail for dexterity reasons, but it turned out great in my opinion. I will get some photos up soon enough.

Regards,
Dave

Thank you for the reply Dave. There’s no actual movement, just some space. It feels secure but to center the rail I had to loosen/tighten each side and eyeball the equal distances on each side of the rail.

Roy

701090A9-13C3-4A42-854C-233335B390F2.jpeg AD82402F-4734-4421-BFDD-BA2CD06B4825.jpeg

Apologies for the double response, which red dot did you end up with?

Hello PhysioDoc,

If you are referring to "wiggle room" for the mounting brackets, there was very little - and by that I mean barely any space. It was abit difficult for me to install this quad rail for dexterity reasons, but it turned out great in my opinion. I will get some photos up soon enough.

Regards,
Dave

Hi Roy,

It seems you have the brackets in the proper position (small cutout attached to barrel and large cutout on the mag tube).

The small gap between the bracket and your shotgun doesn't look so good though... With that gap your rail could potentially come loose very quickly I woukd think. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that situation other than trying to crank the screws down moreso.

Did you install the bracket before sliding the rail on?

Also, I'm running the Vortex Crossfire II Red Dot (without the riser bar). Vortex is good quality and their customer service is outstanding!

Regards,
Dave.

I’ll mess with it today when I get home. I’ve also reached out to BAT for guidance.

Thank’s again for the input Dave. I’m also going to take a look at Vortex, l think I get a sweet Military deal from them.

Roy

Hi Roy,

It seems you have the brackets in the proper position (small cutout attached to barrel and large cutout on the mag tube).

The small gap between the bracket and your shotgun doesn't look so good though... With that gap your rail could potentially come loose very quickly I woukd think. I'm not exactly sure how to fix that situation other than trying to crank the screws down moreso.

Did you install the bracket before sliding the rail on?

Also, I'm running the Vortex Crossfire II Red Dot (without the riser bar). Vortex is good quality and their customer service is outstanding!

Regards,
Dave.

Not a problem. I chose the Vortex Crossfire II LED Upgrade model becasue it fit my budget. Plus I bought it from a used gun website which made my price come down some. Here in Canada the price for everything is jacked way up. Atleast you can get that military deal and Vortex will be able to lead you in the right direction for something real nice for your Mossberg.

Good luck and enjoy!

Back