• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

Ok so I just recently purchased a Mossberg 500 and I love it. I want to throw a side saddle on it. I have been looking at putting some sort of velcro side saddle on the side of the receiver where the rounds do not eject out of just like you see on a lot of shotguns. However, there is some space between the ejection port and the stock on the other side of the receiver and I was wondering if there are any side saddles or velcro side saddles that can be put in this small space. I assume it would only be able to hold 3 or 4 shells but more firepower is better. I was thinking of putting some adhesive velcro down and then cutting one of those velcro side saddles to fit and then burning the edges so the material doesn't fray. Any ideas? What do you think about my proposed idea? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude in another thread about OPTICS showed off this badass side saddle/shell holder. I freaking love it, but the price is a bit much for my taste. We both run the same Primary Arms Micro Red Dot MD-ADS, but I just run a mesa tactical side saddle, and it works just fine for me.
Here is a quote from him: "Thank you! The shell holder is by Aridus Industries. The cost is $165. Detachable holder."

Cool as heck, but pricey. If they dropped the price $100 then I would have one.

FullSizeRender_zpsfjujr9cg.jpg

Esstac shotgun cards from SKD Tactical, they fit nicely in M4 magazine pouches...
20151226_152239_zpsztht50r3.jpg

I had TacStar side saddles on both my 500AB and my 500C but I found they got in the way in my safe, and made it harder to tear down and clean the internals. So I took them off, but still have them. If I put a small wall safe in my new house, I may put a pistol grip on one of the 500's and the side saddle so I have rounds handy

I know my reply isn't specifically concerning the 500, but I am using an Aim Sports side saddle on my Rem. 870.

It's among the less expensive models out there, but having an aluminum plate and steel fire control bolts, I have been very content with mine and think that anyone considering adding some extra shells should look into one.

Especially for about $15 shipped. I don't think could be beat.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Aim-Shotgun-...Shell-Carrier-Holder/521061233#ProductDetails

I notice when I keep shells in my Esstac 7rd cards they tend to bow inward, is this fairly normal? I have them positioned in my ammo pouches in such a way that they're kept reasonably straight, I'm just hoping I don't end up with a problem of them trying to pull away from the gun later on.

I notice when I keep shells in my Esstac 7rd cards they tend to bow inward, is this fairly normal? I have them positioned in my ammo pouches in such a way that they're kept reasonably straight, I'm just hoping I don't end up with a problem of them trying to pull away from the gun later on.

Quite normal when loaded. If you use quality industrial strength Velcro on your gun you'll have no problem. I've used these shot cards for years and ripped them off without issues. And yes they still bow when loaded due to the elastic bands.

Regards

Quite normal when loaded. If you use quality industrial strength Velcro on your gun you'll have no problem. I've used these shot cards for years and ripped them off without issues. And yes they still bow when loaded due to the elastic bands.

Regards
Good to know thank you

Back