• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 B 16 guage

Have a question did the 16 guage share parts with a 12 guage? parts like Butt stock, forend slid tube etc.
The one i am working on needs some work was wondering if the parts mentioned above are
interchangeable. Thanks !!!!

They shared some.

The specific parts you mentioned, buttstock, forend and mag tube/slide bar were the same.

I am not sure if you can modify it to 1 bar and work with your bolt assembly or not? Never tried.

The really early guns only had 1 bar. The rest have dual bars.

You could check the receiver to make sure someone else hadn't changed or modified it earlier. But, like I said, if it's a true 1 bar, then it's a really early gun.

I am not sure if you can modify it to 1 bar and work with your bolt assembly or not? Never tried.

The really early guns only had 1 bar. The rest have dual bars.

You could check the receiver to make sure someone else hadn't changed or modified it earlier. But, like I said, if it's a true 1 bar, then it's a really early gun.
I did its a true one bar very early model. Read a post on here that mossberg told them to have a gunsmith to cut one bar off seems like it would work.

Back