• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 12ga Foregrip?

Komodoj

.270 WIN
Guys and gals. Can you point me in the right direction on a wood Foregrip that when pumped back a portion of it extends over the receiver. Thank you.

Yes been on there site but they only show side views of there forearms. Can’t tell from the pics if any will extend over the reciever?

I’ve never seen anything like that in my short time here. But the premise of it is intriguing. Personally, the image of my shockwave in my head is a fixed, wood forend/ heat shield combo extending from the receiver to the bead sight, Mannlicher style, with the folding front grip in your other post, operating through a slot machined in the wood…

I’ve never seen anything like that in my short time here. But the premise of it is intriguing. Personally, the image of my shockwave in my head is a fixed, wood forend/ heat shield combo extending from the receiver to the bead sight, Mannlicher style, with the folding front grip in your other post, operating through a slot machined in the wood…

Yes I’m trying to fabricate something like that for a serbu shorty clone. This is the look I’m trying to go for even though it’s on a Remy.

Attachments

• 2C235539-0346-4676-B4A7-10C45F4FEFA1.jpeg
    2C235539-0346-4676-B4A7-10C45F4FEFA1.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 5
I like the look of that, as well as the Serbu SS and the Mossberg compact cruzer. What I would most be concerned with in our pump configuration is because with the mag tube shortened to Serbu size, the action bars end out by the barrel nut. With the new wood completely covering the bars, when it is jacked back, the wood is gonna overlap the the receiver for the 5-6 inches of bar length, perhaps blocking in the ejection and the loading area. That Remington is an auto, correct?

I like the look of that, as well as the Serbu SS and the Mossberg compact cruzer. What I would most be concerned with in our pump configuration is because with the mag tube shortened to Serbu size, the action bars end out by the barrel nut. With the new wood completely covering the bars, when it is jacked back, the wood is gonna overlap the the receiver for the 5-6 inches of bar length, perhaps blocking in the ejection and the loading area. That Remington is an auto, correct?

I would fabricate a new set of bars. That pic is a 870.

Not trying to be a di#k,just genuinely curious. What would making new bars accomplish? They would need to be the same in all aspects to operate except maybe a little shorter at the mag tube. That would make the new wood cover even more of the receiver on the back stroke..on the Serbu, they just cut off the mag tube when they cut the barrel and welded on the folding jack handle. 2D1CA68E-6A4D-4870-9E00-6D11AF75DAFE.jpeg

Not trying to be a di#k,just genuinely curious. What would making new bars accomplish? They would need to be the same in all aspects to operate except maybe a little shorter at the mag tube. That would make the new wood cover even more of the receiver on the back stroke..on the Serbu, they just cut off the mag tube when they cut the barrel and welded on the folding jack handle. View attachment 27141

Not saying I’m gonna make new bars, but if I have to because of it being to short then I will. I really want that wood overlap on the reciever look!

Cool. Also congrats on all your license holder thingys. Having a note from the principal goes a long way these days..lol good luck with the search..

Cool. Also congrats on all your license holder thingys. Having a note from the principal goes a long way these days..lol good luck with the search..
Thank you. Now just have to order a standard cheap action slide( it will get chopped up anyway) and forend. I’d even do a plastic one as a trial run?

Lol I’ve bought multiple bits for mine that ended up in the garbage. I wanted the Shockwave Tech Raptor kit ( forend/ heat shield combo) in gray to match my modded birdshead grip, but 1, it’s been unavailable for months and 2, it would block my CT laser saddle, so, it’s been try this, experiment on that etc. Have you ever shot your 500 or anybody’s with a vertical front grip? I didn’t find it very natural to hold. I changed it to a horizontal hold and it seems to line up my body for the birdshead grip a lot more comfortable. I’m old and not even flexible so that might be a factor..lol

I really wish I had the creative mind with regards to guns so that I could really trick out my firearms.

Alas, I am just a dumbass who keeps them all pretty much factory stock except a few might get a light or a RDS.

I so much suck at imagination.

But mine still work just fine. ;)

I really wish I had the creative mind with regards to guns so that I could really trick out my firearms.

Alas, I am just a dumbass who keeps them all pretty much factory stock except a few might get a light or a RDS.

I so much suck at imagination.

But mine still work just fine. ;)
It can also be a curse, so there’s that. I got pics..lol

4429A872-FC49-4A89-9E20-C142C65FE27A.jpeg
Yes because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Trial and error gets expensive. Like now. I just ordered a Magpul forearm to cut down and manipulate to get it to work on my baby mossy 500 thingymajjigy!
Since it’s just a test piece, maybe try a heat gun on it after you’ve thinned out all the internal ribbing in that area. It may soften enough to just swage over the receiver. Sometimes I wish I had been more adept at woodworking. My last not quite all metal forend was some junk plywood I hand drilled, swaged on to my old reliable aluminum ladder rung and glued together. Lol still needed some additional contouring before I went on to my next project of that week..lol

Last edited:
Back