• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Owner of a Mossberg Patriot Stainless Synthetic 375 Ruger

Hawk

.22LR
Hello all!

I wanted to get some info on my new rifle I purchased.

It’s the big boy one, the Patriot Stainless Synthetic in .375 Ruger!

I had been looking, and researching about this one, and finally pulled the trigger, so to say!

What has been everyone’s experience that has owned one?

I hope mine is a rush! I love medium bore rifles, just for their versatility. One rifle for hunting everything, kinda thing!

Please tell me about your hunting experience and possible loads you do for yours.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome to the forum.

You sure got yourself a thumper :)

Not sure anyone here has a rifle like yours, so sit back and enjoy the rest of the forum but I wouldn't expect any direct responses. That is a very unique rifle. :)

Welcome to the forum.

You sure got yourself a thumper :)

Not sure anyone here has a rifle like yours, so sit back and enjoy the rest of the forum but I wouldn't expect any direct responses. That is a very unique rifle. :)
Thank you!

Dang! I was hoping more people would own one like mine.
But I will enjoy being on the forum, and hearing others accounts about their Patriot rifles.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on how it shoots

Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on how it shoots
Thank you!
I certainly will.

I’ve been debating with myself as to stiffening the forearm of the stock, and adding weight to the hollow butt stock.

Stiffening the forearm can lead to better accuracy, plus adding weight.

Adding weight to the butt stock will help in reducing felt recoil, of course, as you all well know.

Hawk

Shoot it first.

Nothing wrong with having a plan of attack. But, shoot it a while first to figure out what's needed and not.

I have used aluminum rod in savage stocks and bedded it with epoxy glue.

Shoot it first.

Nothing wrong with having a plan of attack. But, shoot it a while first to figure out what's needed and not.

I have used aluminum rod in savage stocks and bedded it with epoxy glue.
I agree with you!

It may not need anything.

I was thinking about buying an arrow shaft, and cutting it down, then open up slots in the lattice to put the shaft in, then epoxy it and fill the lattice just a hair shy of the top of the lattice.

Hawk

I agree with you!

It may not need anything.

I was thinking about buying an arrow shaft, and cutting it down, then open up slots in the lattice to put the shaft in, then epoxy it and fill the lattice just a hair shy of the top of the lattice.

Hawk

That's pretty much what I did with the savage.

Here's what it looked like after trimming the ribbing and before pouring the epoxy.

ovqAG0K.jpg

So what does ammo for that rifle cost? Is it on the store shelves?
Depends on where you look.

There are a few vendors that carry it. It can run as low as $60, all the way up to $100, depending on who makes it.

But, I hand load, and the cost is a lot less than buying brand new ammo.

Hawk

Getting a nice gun. Making it your own. Reloader.

You're going to fit in well here :thumbsup:

Back