• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Re: my 930 spx

usmc1963 said:
shooterfpga said:
usmc1963, i dont have pm permissions. to answer your question, i like the pistol grip it feels a lot better to shoulder. there were no issues swapping stocks, except that the pad screws were extremely tight to back out on the new pg stock.

the only other thing is it doesnt have a good cheek weld for me as the stock slopes lower.

but the grip on the rifle stock was not comfortable or natural for me, giving it a longer lop for me unless i crowded the receiver which was even more unnatural.

so these are what i found as the trade off between either stocks.

Thank you, not sure about the PM problem. Sorry, checked my settings. Should be able to receive PM from all members.

youre welcome. i believe the pm issue was my side, possibly because i didnt have enough posts or something, but i was able to reply to pm later in the day.

shooterfpga said:
42576608-c62b-bc72.jpg
Noticed in the pic your rear sight. Care to elaborate?

My 930-SPX (Blackwater Edition) came with Xs Ghost Ring rear sight and I'm looking at possible replacement if it doesn't prove useful after I try it out. Over 60 now and eyes aren't as spry as they used to be. AIMPRO will be returning the shottie next week after doing some custom and service work.

i dont have a flashlight attachment yet, so i put my eotech from one of my ar15's on it in the meanwhile. dont get me wrong, im an iron sight guy first, but picking up a red circle is faster for me in low light, since its also an HD gun. what is aimpro doin for you? im sending mine off to have them work the barrel for a choke and to lengthen the cone as well as magnaporting.

1. Nordic barrel clamp buy & install
2. Forcing Cone Lengthening and Barrel Honing & Polishing
3. Mag-na-porting
4. Action job
5. Tri-rail fore-end buy & install
6. Hi-viz follower
7. Sling mounts

Still cogitating on sights, light, and laser. Will use the time between now and birthday to decide which way to go on the balance of the wish list.

nice, yeah im debating on that s&j bayo kit. it might make it too front heavy. as it stands now its very balanced and doesnt weigh much.

Good point on the weight. I'll have to keep that in mind while working on a light solution. I've seen some comments on the heft of the Aimpro rail but it is very useful to hang stuff off of and its close "enuff" for Government work in comparison to the weight of the OEM fore-end.

Good luck on your bayo solution.

my aimpro tri rail didnt really feel like it added much weight if at all. i dont know, i certainly cant tell that it gained weight, even though i know it should. i even loaded the mag extension full to see if i could tell a difference. as for lights, i think if you stick with a small sized one it should be good. maybe an m951 or a g2.

Thanks for the link, How about tuning the internal components up? Does anyone know how to or what parts have you replaced internally to increase the efficiency of their 930?

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

New 930 Tactical. Just getting started with it so here are my beginning pics....I want DHonovich's stack and forend!

Attachments

• IMAG0529 (550x329).jpg
    IMAG0529 (550x329).jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 3,519
  • IMAG0531 (550x329).jpg
    IMAG0531 (550x329).jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 3,519
  • IMAG0532 (550x329).jpg
    IMAG0532 (550x329).jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 3,518
930_1062.jpg

930_1063.jpg

My 930 with newly puchased SPX barrel and red dot sight/rail.

I like the sight but I don't think I'm going to leave it on this gun, I think I will move it to my turkey gun when it is finished but I wanted to try it here just to see how it worked.

For the people that use sights like this on a defensive gun, how do you do it? When I pull up the gun the sight sits way to high and it pulls my cheek off of the stock. Do you just relearn how to shoot in a different position? Every time I would pull it up, I was string the the back of the rail and had to lift my head up to see through the sight. Maybe I'm just too used to lining up a bead.

That's always gonna be an issue when you raise your sight plane. Raising the comb on the stock would bring your eye up th the sight and provide a better cheek weld, but I'm not sure what high-comb stock options are out there for the 930. You could always check out a mini red dot like the one I use on my 590. It's significantly smaller than the unit you've got mounted now and didn't seem to affect my line of sight much at all vs. the factory bead...

Sightmark Mini Shot

6364619251_93bd94c739_z.jpg
6364619253_e6f93ae711_z.jpg
6373044913_6a8f209f59_z.jpg
I have a UTG rail on my 930, that is a bit lower than the Mossberg supplied rails, I use a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on both my 930 and 590A1 SPX and get near perfect co-witness from them.

Did your 930 come with the shim kit? It raises and lowers the comb of the stock. I have used this in my 500 and 835 with good success.

tcecil88 said:
Did your 930 come with the shim kit? It raises and lowers the comb of the stock. I have used this in my 500 and 835 with good success.

I bought it used but I think it did come with the shims. I'll have to find the box and see if I still have them.

Back