• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - NEW PICS 3/5/13

Rick,
Gun came out nice. Like the carry case too, perfect FLEX option for it.
Looks like you put in a lot of work for a awesome looking 500, and a deal or 2 in the process... lol.

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - NEW PICS 3/5/13

Thanks, Man! That FLEX Forend is still a topic of discussion! I should make a check list of all the gear I have had and tried before... I bet it is a LONG list lol

18.5 inch barrel

Hi everyone. I bought a mossberg 500 a while back while everybody was panicking and buying everything off the shelves at all the gun stores around here. It's got the 28 inch vent rib barrel and i've been unable to find an 18.5 inch barrel for it anywhere. According to everything i've been able to find out, the mossberg part # for the 18.5 inch barrel for a 500 is MS90015. I spoke with one of the customer service people at Mossberg who said there would be a 4 to 6 week wait, but i could order one. She seemed a whole lot less than sure of anything, but the barrel she was trying to sell me was part number 3907. She had no idea of what the MS90015 is, so it really didnt give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about whether she knew what she was talking about. From what i've been able to find now, the 3907 is for a model 590 which of course has a longer magazine tube. Does anybody know whether the barrels are interchangable from the 500 to the 590? I'm confused.

Re: 18.5 inch barrel

$100 at MidwayUSA expected delivery 3/3013. Mossberg #: 90015 MidwayUSA #: 748383

Midway is a great source, and also ebay, theres a shit ton of them online for sale. Not sure how much mossberg will charge you but they can be had for about $100 shipped. Just make sure its for a mossberg 500, usually called the security barrel.

There are some 500 models that use the 590 barrel/magazine tube, but I believe they are the pistol grip models. Probably not the 28" barrel models. The 500's have the barrel nut connected to the barrel lug, the 590's have a separate and larger nut, with the mag tube extending through the barrel lug.

guntoter said:
There are some 500 models that use the 590 barrel/magazine tube, but I believe they are the pistol grip models. Probably not the 28" barrel models. The 500's have the barrel nut connected to the barrel lug, the 590's have a separate and larger nut, with the mag tube extending through the barrel lug.

590 barrel used on the 500 ,,,,

Attachments

• mossberg_500_cruiser_54125_standoff.jpg
    mossberg_500_cruiser_54125_standoff.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 481
New barrel......................FINALLY!

I ordered an 18 1/5" barrel from Brownells back in January. I've contacted them twice to see where the back-order stood. Each time they've said they have no idea if/when they'll get them in. About a week ago I got fed up and called Midway. The said they had a shipment "due to arrive any time now" and if I'd get my name on the "notify" list they'd contact me............................and they did today and I ordered the barrel. I just cancelled the order with Brownells and my new barrel should be here by the 27th! Happy, happy, happy............as Phil Robertson would say! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: New barrel......................FINALLY!

great news! keep us updated.

I was able to locate one from Cheaper Than Dirt, should be here in a week to 10 days. Midway had them on back order. It seems like i'm not the only one that's been looking for them. I had tried numerous places on line to no avail. Cheaper Than Dirt has a deal where if you send them your email address, they'll let you know when an item is available. When i checked my email this morning, lo and behold, there was an email from them. Evidently, they only had two in stock, so i called at like 6 this morning and grabbed one of them.

For what it is worth... I was told my 20" Persuader Barrel and Magazine Tube could take up to 10 weeks to ship and be delivered... I think it was 1 week to my door. Mention you are a member of the Mossberg Owners forum and some of the Reps know who we are and that we back Mossberg big time... They may help you out a little on getting out of the warehouse :)

Excellent!!!! I feel pretty crappy that I sold my barrel to a non-MO Member... Now that it is out of my hands, everyone here is looking for one lol....

Congratz on your purchase and I can't wait to see your shotgun once you have it! :D

WestieDad17 said:
I was able to locate one from Cheaper Than Dirt, should be here in a week to 10 days. Midway had them on back order. It seems like i'm not the only one that's been looking for them. I had tried numerous places on line to no avail. Cheaper Than Dirt has a deal where if you send them your email address, they'll let you know when an item is available. When i checked my email this morning, lo and behold, there was an email from them. Evidently, they only had two in stock, so i called at like 6 this morning and grabbed one of them.

That's because nobody is buying from cheaper than dirt. They dont post very on on Facebook any more and when they do they are getting b*tched at by alot of people.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Nice man, waiting for something to come in the mail kills me. Waiting for it to become available so i can die to wait for it in the mail has to be brutal! lol

Thanks, Rick. Still waiting on the Hogue stock and foregrip though. My "legendary" patience is running might UN-legendary right now because I'd sure like to get it all together.

Zombiehunter1............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Believe me, I know your pain! :D

Back