• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Asher

1. A

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. I'm just tyring to figure out where this gun is hanging up, and it seemed like this could be one of the places... If it looks normal I will do some smoothing and look for issues somewhere else... thanks
  2. A

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. Back again... it was a nice day outside so I decided to go out on the porch and strip the gun down... Here is what I found... It looks like the bolt is actually digging into the top of the reciever... So the next big question is, do I just buff it out and...
  3. A

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. Thanks guys, I haven't dug into it anymore, I am really hoping that its just a "break-in" type issue... I plan on taking it out in a couple of weeks and doing a marithon run on it... I'll take about 500 rounds and just let it eat... If that doesn't work then I...
  4. A

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. You think polishing the chamber a little bit would ease some of this alittle??? I polish my bores, but keep the chamber unpolished, maybe I will look at a light polishing. I know to smoth of a chamber will also cause issues... I had experience with different ammo...
  5. A

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. one box was winchester another box was Estate, I have never had any issues with these rounds in my 870, are you saying this gun is gonna be brand picky? :roll:
  6. A

New 500 sometimes jams.. Hi guys/gals, first post for me... I tried a couple of searches but came up empty handed... I recently bought a new 500 field/home defense combo package, came with the 18" door breaching barrel and a 28" field barrel... Anyway, I took the gun out the other day...
Back