• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Bob4

1. B

Mossberg 100 ATR Bolt Action Troubleshooting

I wanted to ask any ATR .270 owners if they have the same thing happen or something may be wrong with just my .270. When I fire my rifle or dry fire, the bolt lift increases 4 fold I have to guess. Does anyone else experience this or should I take it in ? If I don't fire I can lift with a...
  2. B

Hard Bolt lift

You offered plenty. I've now learned to take my bolt apart. Learned a bit on a bolt stop. Yup, Plenty helpful. I'll be lurking. Didn't I see you over at a Ithaca forum also?
  3. B

Hard Bolt lift

Understandable ...Thanks.
  4. B

Hard Bolt lift

Thanks, I'll have it looked at locally as this gun is 3 yrs old now and I don't think I have anything coming from them. Let me ask this. I need to develop a load and hunt in 2 weeks. In your best opinion. Is it hurting anything major if I continue as is. Or better yet any safety issues here?
  5. B

Hard Bolt lift

Hope this helps someone else along the way. I couldn't find reference to it. I stumbled on this by accident. Disassemble ATR 100 bolt. The back of the bolt ( mine anyway) has to be pulled open and turned 180 counter clock wise and the top end of the bolt pops open giving you the firing...
  6. B

Hard Bolt lift

Got it Ignore last pot.
  7. B

Hard Bolt lift

Gave it a few good cracks using the flat side of an old drill bit and hammer and no budge. Does this take a serious blow to move it ? I can feel it moving slightly between my fingers if I move/jiggle the bolt head, if that makes any sense. Just walking easy as to not make a small problem bigger.
  8. B

Hard Bolt lift

Thanks. Before I assume to much is the head ass. pin tapped out ?
  9. B

Hard Bolt lift

Thanks all. Been trying to find some documentation or video on disassembling the bolt So I could have a look. Looking at the diagram in the manual it doesn't seem to hard. I'm goin in. :)
  10. B

Hard Bolt lift

Thanks for the welcome. Bolt cycles freely before pulling trigger. The bolt slides to open and close fine all the time,even after a trigger pull the slide is fine. It's simply to lift the bolt that's much much harder to operate after a trigger pull.
  11. B

Hard Bolt lift

Hello all, First post here. I have a ATR 100 .270. All of a sudden after firing ( live or dry) I have to apply a bunch more pressure to lift the bolt. Again this happens even with a dry fire so it isn't a pressure issue with ammo. As to how much pressure, if it takes 2 lbs to lift it it takes...
Back