• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Centuriator

1. Centuriator

Good morning

Warm and muggy and rainy...not too hot. Local protests are stirring a bit again, commemorating the anniversary of the killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, the false narrative upon which the Black Lives Matter movement was started. And so it goes.
  2. Centuriator

Slow as Molasses

I've noticed this past week that the site is super slow loading and functioning. I have a gigabyte connection to it is not a local hardware/speed issue here for me, but ... opening the site, navigating around....noticeably slow responding. Anyone else?
  3. Centuriator

Good morning

We are enjoying unseasonably cool weather here in Saint Louis. Primaries resulted in the incompetent incumbent to be assured of being returned to office as St Louis City Attorney. But fortunately, I don't live in the city. Just put in some big ammo backorders at the lowest per round price I...
  4. Centuriator

Question Of The Month. (July 2020) (Fork In The Road)

When I was about 29 I faced the choice of staying with a career path that would have been quieter, less stressful and so forth. Instead, I opted to join up with a national effort and have served at the national level of our company ever since. I have earned a lot more money, had a lot more...
  5. Centuriator

Got bored and polished bore

Nice, just makes sense that this will make cycling more reliable.
  6. Centuriator

Question Of The Month. (August 2020) (Prepping)

I have intentionally cut way back on my shooting trips to the gun club....I had not really been paying too close attention to ammo prices since I have so much stored up, but ..... I did over the weekend and ... boy was that ever a wake up call. I can't even find brass 9mm for much less under...
  7. Centuriator

Mossberg and the Miltary

Over on the Mossberg Owners Facebook Group if you dare mention that the Maverick 88 is not "military grade" you get a bunch of whiney responses. It's hopeless. :)
  8. Centuriator

Good morning

Good morning. Shaping up to be an unseasonably cool day, high only 85. Last night in STL only two killings by shooting and several other shootings. No protests, just the usual criminal mayhem.
  9. Centuriator

12 GA mini shells

Hah...and i just sent you a note saying, "I'll take it." :)
  10. Centuriator

Shockwave Availability

If you are interested in home defense, I'd respectfully suggest you consider something other than a Shockwave. They are difficult to shoot *accurately* and you don't want to be putting pellets where they don't belong. Stick with a home defense full sized shotgun, if that is your choice for home...
  11. Centuriator

Good morning

Obligatory weather report: hot and much more humid. Scattered rain and storms through the evening. While it won't rain in one spot all day, we'll have scattered storms and some downpours in the region from afternoon through evening. OK, now...Good Afternoon. No protests here in our area...
  12. Centuriator

Good morning

Good morning. Muggy. Warm. Humid. Rainy. That's it. :)
  13. Centuriator

Good morning

Guten morgan alles. Warm, humid and rainy today. Protestors minimal. Overnight shootings and killing downtown, including a 24 year old white guy who decided to roll past a cop car and group of officers, shot at it and them with a shotgun, hit one of them (arm), then sped away, pursued by cops...
  14. Centuriator

Choosing the Right Self Defense Ammo...

Just stating the obvious, but .... in case anyone here actually does believe there exists a "magic bullet" .... No matter what ammo you use in your standard handgun calibers, what ultimately matters is your ability to get rounds on the target effectively and as quickly as possible. That's why...
Back