• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Daryll

1. Daryll

Possibly good news for English shooting..?

Here in the UK, getting a sound moderator for a rifle is much simpler than in the US... no tax stamp, extended wait, etc. We do have to have them listed on our Firearm Certificate (FAC), but you can request a sound moderator when you ask for permission to buy a new rifle. (I recently sold my...
  2. Daryll

Bulk Online Buying

You guys are lucky in several ways..... Here in the UK ammo cannot be shipped to your door, you can't even order directly from the importers/wholesalers. You can only buy ammo (and primers) from gunshops, who obviously put their cut onto the price. (Factory ammo is very expensive here, so many...
  3. Daryll

MVP LC under forend thread size?

Just an update... I contacted Mossberg and they're just come back and said "...should be 10-32 UNF, but if that's not it, you would need to contact the manufacturer of the stock, which is likely MDT."
  4. Daryll

Thanks Bobster... the bit of rail I had was Chinese, so presumably 5-.80 thread... so we know Mossberg didn't use that. I'll see if I can ask Mosberg directly... Daryll
  5. Daryll

This is a bit of a strange one.... On the bottom of the forend of the MVP LC there are 4 threaded holes, presumably for fitting a pic rail. Anyone know, or can find out, what thread they are..? I have a spare bit of rail intended for Key Mod... the hole spacing is right, but the keymod bolts...
  6. Daryll

Ammo available in your area.

Here in the Uk things are getting very expensive.... I rarely buy factory ammo, but reloading components are very expensive, or unobtainium... I needed some more N555 powder for my 6.5 Swede... nope, can't get it. Apparenly we had 40 tonnes of Vhit powder come into the country last month, but...
  7. Daryll

Question Of The Month (July 2023) (Old Friend)

Marlin 1894CS in .357... I was a pistol shooter, but in 1997 all handguns were confiscated by the Uk Government after the Dunblane massacre. They did give us compensation for them, so as soon as the compo money arrived I was down to the LGS and bought the Marlin... I had kept all the .38/.357...
  8. Daryll

Why is it so hard to join the NRA..?

Thanks for the offer Bobster..!! I did use my VPN to pretend i was in the US, and it still said the server was down....so not blocked from the UK..
  9. Daryll

Why is it so hard to join the NRA..?

A few years ago I was a member of the US NRA, even though I'm from the UK... I was competing in US comps, so thought I should join and support US shooters. My membership lapsed during Covid, so i didn't renew, but I still get emails asking me to go back. With the possibilty of shooting in the...
  10. Daryll

Hello from the shire

Welcome from a fellow Brit... :thumbsup:
  11. Daryll

Review....

12. Daryll

Mossberg MVP 223 - YouTube range results

Yes, have dialled the trigger down as far as it would safely go.. its only used for bench shooting so no problems with the lighter trigger.
  13. Daryll

Mossberg MVP 223 - YouTube range results

They're great tack-drivers.... I use 69gn SMKs over 24gns of N140. Never shot it more than 200yds yet, but its sub MOA at 100 and 200yds.
  14. Daryll

About those Electric Cars…

They seem Ok over here, one of the motoring organisations even named them "car of the year". I've watched a few YT vids on the US versions and they're considerable different to the UK (or European) versions. My wife had a little Hyundai i10 and loved it... never had a thing go wrong with it..
  15. Daryll

Remembering First Gun Purchase

I think the first firearm I ever bought (I'd bought several air guns as a kid) was an Anshutz 1813 .22 rifle back in the mid 80's... I was in a target club when I first applied for my Firearm Certificate, and bought that as my first target rifle. That was the first step down the rabbit hole...
Back