• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by dcurtis101

1. D

Any problems with light target/low recoil loads in a 940?

Thanks, I will do so. At 1600, those should definitely move.
  2. D

A wealth of great practical information. Just what I was hoping for. Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated! The Mossberg customer service folks do recommend a "break in period", which seems perfectly logical to me so parts and tolerances can loosen up a bit to work...
  3. D

This is a novice question but my searches didn't uncover any previous threads on the subject. If there are any please point me in the right direction. Question: In reading I've come across concerns that "some" auto loaders have issues with light/low recoil loads. Should I have this concern...
  4. D

Flashlight options for 940 Pro Tactical

Yes, it did come with the Holosun reflex mounted and ready to go. In hindsight, I think I ended up getting a good deal on the combo. At the time the shotgun alone was in short supply and the few offers out there were inflated. Then I happened on a dealer who had the 940 w/Holosun and it was...
  5. D

I've mounted the INFORCE light and I think it's a keeper. INFORCE recommends at least 5 picatinny rails so that's the adaptor I used. The clamp surfaces on the light span 5 rails on the stationary side and 3 rails on the spring loaded side. Although perfectly secure with the 3 rail picatinny...
  6. D

I should be getting the Inforce WML today so I'm looking forward to getting it mounted and how it operates. I'll be sure to post some pics to show you and others how it checks out. As for the picatinny rail, the Inforce folks say it needs 5 rails minimum, ideally 7 for a secure mount. Given...
  7. D

I checked out Arisaka, and your right, the mounts they offer are the best collection of solutions I've seen so far. I ordered an "INFORCE WML White Gen2" to see if/how it would work and mount. It looks small, has the basic features for the price and a bit different than most lights. And it...
  8. D

Thanks for the link. This looks like a good alternative but given the location of the 940 barrel clamp my guess is I won't want the extension going towards the muzzle, but perhaps in a reverse position. Maybe even one that doesn't extend in either direction. You've given me lots of things to...
  9. D

Thanks to both of you for your replies. Much appreciated. Not sure if this is possible, but since the 940 Pro Tactical already has the M-LOK rail it seems there would be a flashlight available where the clamp which holds the flashlight connects directly to the existing M-LOK slots without the...
  10. D

I'm picking up a new 940 Pro Tactical today and am in the market for a side mounted flashlight. This gun has two M-LOK grooves on either side of the barrel/magazine clamp which seems like the perfect setup for a light. But when I look at various flashlights they all seem to have bulky and...
Back