• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Don Fischer

1. D

What calibers do you shoot?

I guess this means presently? 22 LR handgun (2) 32 ACP handgun 32 Long handgun 9mm handgun (2) 38 spec handgun 22 LR 22 mag 243 rifle (2) 25-06 6.5x55 6.5x06 308 30-06 16ga pump 16ga SxS 28ga SxS 410 SxS Edit: Add another 28ga SxS and a 20ga SxS
  2. D

Ok, I give up! What is it?

Brown phase black bear. Grizzly has a dished face! That bear is a black.
  3. D

Ladies and Shotguns

Several years ago I went to my 28ga, about all I shoot now. Going to start the girl friend on it too. But unless you reload, I do, it can get pretty expensive with a 28ga. If she wants a shotgun I'd think the way to start is with a 20 and target loads. I used to load 20ga for the ex and...
  4. D

Just curious...I have a question

Be that as it may, I identify as a 28ga! :-)
  5. D

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

Generally speaking, a wipe down with an oiled rag stops surface rust. Bad screw. First time it ever happened? Not that uncommon. Customer service all I can say is when I needed it they were right there for me, no complaint. Gun not shooting well for a non handloader? Well you should have been...
  6. D

Not a good start for my patriot or my first mossberg customer service experience

I ordered a wood stock soon as I got home with mine new. Got it and one screw was to short. Called Mossberg and a new screw was sent out right away. The plastic trigger guard broke where the front guard screw goes in. Called them and a new one was sent right out. The new one broke in the same...
  7. D

.308 Winchester powder question

I don't recall ever firing a match bullet from a 308. I have fooled with 150, 165, 180 and 200gr bullet's though. Settled on the 165gr Hornady interlock for everything many years ago. They were called spire points then. I have used H335, IMR 3031, BLC/2, IMR 4895, W748 and probably a lot other's...
  8. D

Patriot .243 FREEBY !!!!!!

Why not give the extra mag to the guy you traded with?
  9. D

Rifle sling

I've got a couple like those shown above and they do work. But I hands down favorite is a leather military sling, got two of them. With quick detachable swivels, they move to what ever rifle I'm using at the time!
  10. D

Photo hints

Got that in an e-mail this morning, great read. I really get turned off looking at some peoples photo's of dead animals. I'm at a point myself where I won't take a photo of a dead game animal anymore, rather remember them alive. But some of the stuff I see other's post really turns me off bib...
  11. D

6.5 creedmoor 25-06 .243???

I've got a Patriot in 243 and would recommend it in a heart beat. I got it new with one of those unbelievably ugly plastic stock, $299. Got home and called Mossberg and ordered a wood stock right away, I think it was around $145. You can get the Patriot with a scope mounted for under $500. Very...
  12. D

What Is Your Favorite Mossberg?

I looked at the Patriot Revere on Mossberg site and wish I could find one around here for sale. One nice looking rifle!
  13. D

Brand New Rifle w/ bullet feeding issuies

I don't understand how the magazine can stop a round from going into the chamber? Maybe I'm missing something here?
  14. D

Pederson Plant

Is t still going? I saw a Pederson over/under years and was surprised, it was beautiful! How about A Pederson SxS?
Back