• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by DrWan

1. D

New 590a1 owner, questions about modifications

Well, to anyone still following my progress... I've been corresponding with a customer service rep from XS Sights (very helpful and responsive BTW...in fact I sent him an e-mail just before starting this post and he responded before I could get through the first two sentences...two thumbs up)...
  2. D

Greetings, I have both success and a hiccup to report: The XS Sights were delivered very quickly, but I held off getting them installed because Ripsnortr had mentioned in his Aimpro Heat Shield install thread that he thought the the heat shield might just slip on if you only had the bead sight...
  3. D

Many thanks Sniper. Yes, that was the thread that I'd referenced earlier Re: easier to install with bead sight. Heat shield should be easy enough, as I read the front sight instructions the barrel needs to be drilled to fit the front sight. Not something I'm looking to try right now.
  4. D

The XS Sights arrived yesterday and it looks like a job for a gunsmith. I hadn't heard anything from AIMPRO since my order so I called them today. They said that they had the Heat Shield in stock, but that they got a bad batch of some component of the installation hardware. The replacement...
  5. D

Good idea RipJack. Thanks
  6. D

590a1 Modifications Step one Well, I got home early today and planned to go shoot my 590a1, but there was a box from UPS on the front porch that short circuited those plans. My Limbsaver had been delivered a day or two ago. Super fast!: http://tinyurl.com/cpoacjg. Cheap after free shipping...
  7. D

Sights have shipped. No word from AIMPRO yet, I'll give them a few days before contacting them to see if there is a wait on the heatshield. Limbsaver was delivered today. Ordered from e-bay. Cheapest I could find after shipping costs. Houge stock ordered from Optics Planet on Amazon, just...
  8. D

I'm hoping to do the heat shield myself. I'll leave the sights to the gunsmiths. Will keep you updated. John
  9. D

I went ahead and jumped in. Ordered the XS sights with Tritium front stripe. Ordered the heat shield here: http://www.goestores.com/storename/aimprotactical/dept/275772/ItemDetail-10914011.aspx I guess I'll/we'll see how long it takes.... I've got two gunsmiths here that can do the sight...
  10. D

Thanks all for your replies. I see now, that I should have known all along that GRS would be compatible with the heat shield, but I had come across so many posts that would reference "590a1 not compatible with heat shield" (I guess they were talking about the standard Mossberg shield) and...
  11. D

Hello all, new Mossberg owner here and I have a few questions about modifications. I'm a slight guy 5'9" 150#, and the factory stock on the 590a1 is a little long for me. I can hold it fine, it just doesn't feel "quite right". So, first the things that I have on order is a Houge Short Stock...
Back