• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by DTL

1. D

Mossberg 590 Side Saddles and Shell Holders

I had my mossberg 590 and 500 out yesterday with the esstac card shot-shell holders. I was shooting some full power slugs and 00 buck all 2 3/4 inch. The shells in the cards were moving all over the place all loaded brass up. They slid down, they slid up, with full power slugs they even...
  2. D

Mossberg will not sell trigger assembly.

So I had a trigger assembly on backorder from brownells. Ive been trying to put together a Smell spare parts bin. Brownells cancelled the order saying the product was discontinued. I contacted mossberg and they said that from now on of you have a problem with your drop in trigger assembly you...
  3. D

590 Tactical Magazine Tube Removal

Are you still able to combat load (port load) and chamber rounds with the NDZ follower installed? Some of the other aftermarket followers I tried did not protrude far enough from the magazine tube and this would cause shells to get nose caught on the top lip above the magazine tube when trying...
  4. D

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

If you are running your mossy with bead sight does the ramped promag safety interfere at all with getting a low sight line when looking down the top of the receiver at the fromt sight?
  5. D

Lighter barrel for 590a1?

What are the reasons you are seeking the thick walled barrel for your current setup?
  6. D

Lighter barrel for 590a1?

Has anyone changed the heavy wall barrel on their a1 to a standard wall barrel? I have an older 18.5 inch 6 shot a1 and have always found it nose heavy. I recently handled a 590 (non a1) 7 shot model 50778 at a lgs and found it to handle much better due to the lighter barrel. I called...
  7. D

Help with forward sling mount ideas

I own a 590a1, 18.5, set up with magpul sga stock and moe forend. I shoot lefty and have a pic rail and light mounted to the right side of the moe forend. Id like to set up 2 point sling and am having trouble figuring out a front sling mount for the right side of the gun that wont interfere...
  8. D

590 model 50778

Where did you find the 50778 for $265?
  9. D

Mossberg 590 "Retrograde"

How do you like the 50778? Does it feel a little lighter than the a1 since it doesn’t have the heavy walled barrel?
  10. D

590 shockwave 12 or 20 gauge?

Looking hard at the shockwave as a truck gun/home defense gun. I havent been able to shoot one since I dont know anyone who owns one and none of the ranges Ive checked with rent them. Im trying to decide between the 12 or 20 gauge based on handling. Is there a big difference in recoil between...
  11. D

590 model 50778

Im looking at he 590 7 shot as a lighter alternative to my a1 6 shot. I love my a1 but the heavy walled barrel makes it nose heavy and you can really feel it when trying to shoulder one handed and topping off or combat loading shells with the other hand. Has anyone bought and or shot the new...
  12. D

SOE Active Shooter Bag

Im selling this SOE active shooter bag. I just received it but my girlfriend had already bought me one for my b day. Its brand new. Asking 175.00 plus shipping. Paypal accepted. If interested, please message me. ***personal contact info removed***
  13. D

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

Kurtis, thanks for the input. How has the matte blue finish been holding up? I've read at least one review that says it scratches up pretty easily. Also (if you have the shorter length stock) is the LOP a true 13 inches measured from the butt of the stock to the trigger or more like 12.75 or...
  14. D

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

I'm looking at adding a 500 to my stable. Namely a 500 Talo Home Defense model # 51236. This model is a standard 500 Purseuder with a matte blue finish. Wondering if anyone has one and if they can chime in. I'm also comparing this model to the new SP 590 # 50778 which is a 590 with the six shot...
Back