• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Gene Wilkey

1. G

Brand New Rifle w/ bullet feeding issuies

Mine feed inconsistently. It almost never fed from from a fully loaded 5 round magazine. It would usually feed with just four rounds loaded in the magazine though. Most likely cause was a weak magazine spring that wouldn't lift the round high enough for the pointy end to line up with the bore...
  2. G

Brand New Rifle w/ bullet feeding issuies

I had this issue with my Patriot .308 Walnut Vortex. I did a lot of experimenting with it using different types of ammo and reported my results to Mossberg. The replaced my magazine and that solved the problem. Good luck and enjoy your rifle.
  3. G

Mossberg Patriot .308 win inconsistency and design flow.

Yep, should have said Blue. Thanks for catching my error! Original post edited to say Loctite "blue" instead of "red."
  4. G

Mossberg Patriot .308 win inconsistency and design flow.

I don't like the way the threads are tapped into shallow holes and abutting the barrel threads either. If you use Loctite blue when you tighten the stock bolts, they will remain tight until you loosen them. Compression of the wood would be the only thing that would change the tightness of that...
  5. G

Torque specifications for the Patriot (wooden stock)

Mine has a bedding compound of sorts in the front of the recoil lug slot. It looks like epoxy resin with no fillers. The lug fits tightly against the walnut on it's rear face. One test I did on it when I had it apart was to loosen the action bolts by one full turn each and then try to move the...
  6. G

Yeah, your description of the torque required is about what I had in mind. I don't think you can bed the action in this stock because of the way they use the "ears" on either end of the plastic magazine well as bedding blocks. The action screws that you ask about go through a hole in each of...
  7. G

A respondent in the thread below titled "Action Screw Torque" states that Mossberg torques the screws to 20 Inch Pounds. His question was regarding a laminated stock model but the response wasn't specific to that type. Personally, I go with "good and tight" with a dab of blue Loc-Tite. The...
Back