• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Husker88

1. Husker88

Magazine Extensions

I have not used an extension nor do I plan to, but that's me. I'm using the Maverick 88 for home defense and in my mind, the extra length would take away some of the maneuverability that made the '88 attractive in the first place. I chose the '88 over a Shockwave because I thought it would be...
  2. Husker88

Good morning

The spouse and I are from Omaha. We lived there in 1975 when a documented F5 tornado came through like a mile wide lawnmower. I was in the reserves at the time and naturally being an engineer unit, we got called out. Unbelievable and strange things I did see. Caught some looters. Ended up...
  3. Husker88

Good morning

I absolutely LOVE that pen.
  4. Husker88

Good morning

Well done. A mini welder should have limitless applications.
  5. Husker88

Gun Shows - still worthwhile or too risky?

While driving back to the house this morning I saw a couple of signs posted at two different intersections: "Gun Show @__________, Fri, Sat Sun" The location is someplace that I would not go at night, but it's OK during the day. But..... With all the recent AFTE "rules" and reports of...
  6. Husker88

.22LR vs .22Mag

I'm getting the bug to get a .22 bolt action rifle. It seems that .22 LR is the more common round, while .22 Mag packs more punch. From what I've read they are NOT interchangeable. .22 LR is also cheaper ammo with greater availability. SO, if I had to choose, which would be a better option...
  7. Husker88

Price increases?

I don't own a .22 but with the bulk prices I'm seeing I may stock up just in case I find something.
  8. Husker88

Price increases?

I'm hearing warnings - mostly from the online bulk sellers - that there could be a 6 - 7% across the board price increase for ammo coming up in June. While it might be a little bit of sales technique, there is probably a ring of truth to the warning. Anyone hearing similar feedback??
  9. Husker88

Good morning

Thanks for weeding out the spammers - or spam-bots or whatever. I've always wondered what those losers could accomplish with actual productive effort.
  10. Husker88

Where do you keep your HD weapon?

I've got a couple of hanger brackets for the 12-ga., but I can't figure out a logical place to stage it. Front hallway - too obvious. Garage - farther to get it. Bedroom upstairs - got that covered already. :) I'll think of something. Maybe just carry it around the house with me. :)
  11. Husker88

Good morning

This species of pleco has become a problem in some areas in Florida and even Texas.
  12. Husker88

A cheap pouch turned out good...but with a little guilt.

A while ago while putting an Amazon order together for the spouse, I needed another $10 of stuff to get free shipping. [I know - we're really paying for it, but it makes me feel better to make believe :) ] I was looking for something like a dump pouch, but instead of using for empty AR mags, I...
  13. Husker88

My rifle-shotgun

Pretty darn close considering the distance. Well done.
  14. Husker88

Is the NRA in a death spiral?

Very good!! There is a side of me that hopes that the NRA can come back and demonstrate, with new leadership, that they've returned to their core values and lobby FOR gun owners --- because if it does wither away and die, the Marxist left crazies will take credit for killing it and ramp up...
  15. Husker88

Good morning

Spring has been OK so far in Flyover Country, although today the temp has jumped to 80, and tomorrow is supposed to be an uncharacteristic 87. More like June than April, but it is whut it are. :) The audiology place that I need to go had a cancellation, so I get to take the next step towards...
Back