• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by JDK

1. JDK

Light options for 20 gauge Shockwave?

I’m taking advantage of OpticsPlanet excellent return policy and sending the Streamlight Racker back. Like the other Streamlights I own the quality is great and I can’t fault the design of the Racker but like Rodburner and Ernst I found the bulk too much of a negative. IMO it detracts from the...
  2. JDK

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Ernst. And Spock I apologize for hijacking your thread. I too watched the Hickok videos when I first purchased a Shockwave. I’ve got a Walmart case of bird shot to start with and a lot of inexpensive buck shot from OpticsPlanet to perfect...
  3. JDK

Ernst- where can I find more information on the push/pull techniques you mentioned?
  4. JDK

Winchester Defender shells for Shockwave

I’m grateful for the education. I have the standard midwestern sportsman‘s experience with a shotgun; waterfowl, turkey, skeet, etc. The Shockwave as a self/home defense tool is a work in progress for me. Glad to be here!
  5. JDK

Interesting! What’s the saying? “There’s nothing new under the sun”
  6. JDK

Great points… the deformation issue would certainly seem to negate any “best of both worlds” marketing. I ordered a variety of 00 Buck to acclimate myself to the gun and did buy a box of these out of curiosity. I’ll post how they pattern but I’m inclined to agree with you (in my limited...
  7. JDK

Interested in your opinions on Winchester Defender ammo in the Shockwave. 1 slug and 3 pellets. At very short distances what are the advantages and disadvantages? Do these or any of the buck loads really spread much at these ranges out of a short, cylinder choke barrel? Any experience shooting...
  8. JDK

Perfect discreet carry case for Shockwave

There’s a whole-lotta firepower in that little bag!
  9. JDK

Thanks for the welcome! Imagine Clemenza climbing the stairs in The Godfather with his double barrel shot gun in an Amazon box under his arm instead of a flower box!
  10. JDK

Totally agree with the fanny pack look! Really just don’t want to advertise when carrying it in or out from my vehicle. John A.’s patch suggestion might help.
  11. JDK

This is a great idea!
  12. JDK

Primarily for travel between my residences along with luggage or overnight bag. Really wanted to avoid any tactical look but I’m happy with the protection it offers.
  13. JDK

Thought you all might appreciate this. I was looking for a small, inexpensive, discreet padded case for my Shockwave and found this tripod case on Amazon. Fits great and is inconspicuous!
Back