• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by jerry gilmore

1. J

835 ultra mag shoots high

My son got the screws out of the receiver yesterday. I ordered a rail for my 835. I am looking at scopes. Bushnell trophy trs 25. also looking at Predator v2 reflex sight.. I do not understand much on the difference in these scopes . I am wanting to spend under $100, needs to stand 12...
  2. J

The scope rail and dot sight sound like a good Christmas present. If I can't get the sights figured out I may go that route. my gun does have two sets of screws on the receiver, I did not know what they were for. Think the tiny screws might be a bit hard to get out. Thanks for the suggestion.
  3. J

Thanks for suggestions. my 835 is a hunting 12 ga 26" vent rib all purpose. Pretty sure it takes a 5-40" thread. ( Not sure what that means) I had trueglo magnum gobble dot extreme fiber optic sights, but lost the front sight, so am back to the mossberg white dot front sight. both ways seam...
  4. J

I am new to forum, but I read some discussion from 2014. So it seams if 835 shoots high, the front of 835 needs to come down. To bring the front down, the front sight needs to be taller. Do any orf the gun sight companies offer a taller sight?
Back