• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by kebu

1. kebu

Ammo for getting started

Finally shot it with the factory pistol grip the other day at the range - they wouldn't let me fire from the hip, so raised it to shoulder height and fired off about a dozen 00 buck (no bird shot permitted becx of the rubber backstop at the indoor range). It honestly was not as ruthless as some...
  2. kebu

Separation Anxiety

ok - thanks for that Dan... I feel much better now.
  3. kebu

Separation Anxiety

While cleaning my M500 after shooting it for the first time, I noticed that where the mag tube meets the receiver it looks as if the tube may be separating from the receiver... here are some pics: :shock: from underneath... :o from the top w/ barrel detached... Is this an indication...
  4. kebu

Lots of ?s and not afriad to ask dumb ones!

I haven't found my place for shooting yet... I'm in West Chester so TargetMaster is a likely choice
  5. kebu

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: ID this Pistol Grip? Right on gang... definitely looks like it is the factory PG. Thanks
  6. kebu

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Thanks for the advice... I checked out some of the talk on using a light and now will weigh the considerations.
  7. kebu

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

ID this Pistol Grip? Hello All, I'm puzzled becx my new 500 cruiser 12 gauge has a pistol grip that has no manufacturer mark... it came with a FAB forearm so I thought it may not have been standard mossy??? Here's images - Thanks
  8. kebu

Ammo for getting started

Cool - thanks for the heads up lady... I'm a writer so I CANNOT take any unnecessary chances with the paws or I won't be able to buy ammo! I see there is quite a bit of stuff going on in the stock options topic, so I will check it out right away.
  9. kebu

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

hello all, I'm a new guy and want to get a light for my cruiser for HD. I have a tri rail forearm but really don't want to put it on a side rail becx then it would fit in my ideal resting place for HD. Is putting a light on the bottom rail of the forearm a bad idea? Should I look at getting...
  10. kebu

Ammo for getting started

Awesome... it's nice to get an idea where to start - thanks again!
  11. kebu

New shooter w/ general safety ?

I thought that it may have been just a 'look cool' add on... thanks Rossignol
  12. kebu

New shooter w/ general safety ?

My mossberg came without a heat shield... how important is one? I would think that as a new user that one would be recommended... but I don't really know a damn thing yet...
  13. kebu

Ammo for getting started

Hey all, Just got my 500 cruiser and want to start off with 12g shot that won't beat me up too bad, but isn't too low quality either. I really know nothing about manufacturers reputation when it comes to ammo... or ammo, really... Right now I only have a pistol grip, but want to get a...
  14. kebu

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the info of the wiggle! @ripjack13 the chief reasoning was HD, so I am thinking that I need to get a light first. However, I need to get outdoors more so I am hoping to learn about activities just as much as about the Mossberg! Rather than dump all my...
  15. kebu

Hello all, First-time firearm owner, I checkout this site and liked what I saw so I am glad to be aboard. Last weekend I bought a 500 cruiser, it came with a pistol grip and this FAB forearm w/ 3 rails http://tinyurl.com/3hph3ef First question is, the forearm has a little side to side...
Back