• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by metalman

1. metalman

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Adjust Stock? Apparently getting a proper stock fitting could get very involved and is probably a nice thing if you are spending $XXXX.00's on a shot gun. That's not going to happen with this Mossberg and fortunately I fall into the average range for length of pull, etc. I determined the...
  2. metalman

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: Replace stock sights? The fire sights for the 500 definitely fit. The rear is a direct swap with a screw driver. There is a small set screw in the front dovetail (uses a .050" hex key), loosened that and the old front sight drove out easy with an aluminum punch. The replacement fit perfect...
  3. metalman

Re: Replace stock sights? I purchased the "deer/waterfall combo", 28" VR barrel with a fiber optic front bead, no mid or rear and a 24" rifled with the Williams sights pictured above. The stock sights are hard to see, only shot one box of 5 though it and I'm going to wait for the fiber optic...
  4. metalman

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Adjust Stock? Let me ask a dumb question, didn't find answers in the search. How do you decide if you need to raise or drop the stock adjustment using the kit supplied? What am I looking for? With 1/8, 1/4. 3/8 rise and 1/4 drop in the set I'm guessing OFM determined this would cover most...
  5. metalman

Re: Replace stock sights? Yes they are the same. I called Williams to confirm it earlier this week. Would have ordered right from them but they were out of stock. I found them online and ordered today. I'll post the results when they arrive.
  6. metalman

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Does Mossberg really have customer service? :? First a phone call, leave call back number, 4 days no call back. Second an e-mail complete with a photo describing a small issue with a new 930 combo, 3 days no response. Mossberg's HQ is only a 15 min. drive from me, would be nice to talk to...
  7. metalman

Replace stock sights? I'm considering changing the front sight bead on the slug barrel with a fiber optic. The stock front .062" brass pin is a little hard for me to see. I can live with the rear sight although 2 more fiber dots would be better. I came up with Tru-glo and Hi-viz offering...
  8. metalman

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Gas system issue I don't think my camera will get in there. The ring goes into the cylinder apx. 3/4" in from the stock end and below the spring. I couldn't find any exploded views of this assembly but I could see it present in the other barrel cylinder that came with the combo. Test fired...
  9. metalman

Re: Gas system issue I went back to the bench and managed to get it back into the groove with my fingers. I installed and removed the barrel a couple of times and it stayed put but I'm not trusting it. Haven't shot the gun yet but I'm off to do that now.
  10. metalman

Gas system issue Upon field stripping my new 930 deer, waterfowl combo I found this small ring, see photo. From searching I determined it came out of the 28" barrel and comparing it to the 24" slug barrel confirms this. How do I get this back in and why do you suppose it came out? At first I...
  11. metalman

Introduction

Thanks for the welcomes. I will post photos. I just field striped the gun and do have questions: There appears to be no separate seal ring next to the gas piston? The bolt is loaded with red greasy gunk, what type of lube is best to use here? The trigger housing pins didn't move out with hand...
  12. metalman

Introduction

This appears to be a good place to learn about the 930 combo I recently acquired. Most of my guns are 1911 type handguns and the Mossberg is my first shotgun. I have very little experience with any shotguns other than shooting one at the hunter safety class and participating in a shotgun plate...
Back