Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by NCI

1. N

Barrel Reduction

Thank you for your replies. I will probably cut it at 22". Ron
  2. N

Barrel Reduction

Hello! Stevens 12 ga. single shot, 30" barrel. If I were to shorten the barrel, what length would be best, 20", 21" or 22", or other suggestions. Probably have it close to the bed or for light varmint control. Thanks, Ron
  3. N

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Firing Shot Thru Ported Barrel Well, there is no hole in the pattern, so I guess I'm good to go. I really feel kind of stupid for my original question now. I got the 28" shot barrel out and...yep...it's ported too! Guess I could have answered my own question. Thanks guys! Ron
  4. N

Re: Firing Shot Thru Ported Barrel Using a bore light it's definitely a smoothbore. The barrel reads 12 ga. 24 in. Slugster. No screw in choke. If these snow drifts ever get small enough to walk out to my backstop I'll see how it patterns. Thanks guys. Ron
  5. N

Re: Firing Shot Thru Ported Barrel By shot I mean bird shot, any standard shot gun shells. I've got old goose loads, pheasant, etc. The barrel is not rifled. It is a 12 ga. 24 in. Slugster barrel. This is a Mossberg 500 with a longer field barrel, and then this slugster barrel. The gun is...
  6. N

Firing Shot Thru Ported Barrel Hello, just wondering if it is safe to shoot shot thru a ported slug barrel? Thanks, Ron