• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by nvflash

1. N

Differences between the 590 and 590M receivers?

Cool, that's what I figured the shorty rounds, sadly the 590M only takes the 2 3/4 rounds, but that's just the trade-off for the mag. Should be good for home defense like you have it setup, tho I'd add a powerful light to it, but that's just me. I'm hoping one day Mossberg makes the 930M, I'll...
  2. N

Still got the crow foot grip? 14 inch barrel? It has it's uses but hunting would not really be one of them, less you can sneak in and get real close. The gun weighted was the heavy walled barrel that comes on the upgraded version of the gun, with the heat shield and GRS. I'm not sure the...
  3. N

https://gunsmagazine.com/discover/mossbergs-590m-mag-fed/
  4. N

It's really made as a crowd control shotgun, but it's sort of a just of all trades and master of none. It does have a 5 round clip for hunting in states that require it, so the weight would be less. There is no real need to carry extra magazines when hunting. I've never shot clays so I can't...
  5. N

Also you can add 7 rounds to the 590M tube as a backup, so that adds to the weight of the gun as well. The magazine is not drop and go, it won't fall from it own weight, you need to trip the release and pivot the magazine to detach it. So it really takes two hands. I'll have to look at if that...
  6. N

Well when you start talking custom machine work vs off the self parts, sure you can do some cool stuff, but I was really talking a 590M vs the 590/590A1. Tho you just don't get something for nothing, as I said you need to be smooth on the rack back operation, and that's not largely an issue...
  7. N

I don't really have any kind of good scale to measure the weight of it right now, but yes the gun is a little on the heavy side. It's really a niche gun that doesn't offer a whole lot outside of a few specific use cases over the 590/590A1, but it's still a pump action shotgun, so it's pretty...
  8. N

I see what you are saying about the UTG, it affixes around the sides. I should be able to just get a standard top rail and mount optics to it if that's what I decide I want, thanks.
  9. N

Thanks for the input, I'll take it under advisement.
  10. N

I contacted StreamLight about the TL-Racker and they said they did not make one for the 590M, but I know that some people have used the on at least the 590M Shockwave so I suspect it can be made to work if I oder the right one, I'm just not sure which that is. I'lll likely just take my best...
  11. N

Here is one setup like this only it's the 590M shockwave... Of course the Shockwave has a 15" barrel, so adding the shoulder stock without a tax stamp for a short barreled shotgun is not advisable.
  12. N

After taking a closer look at the 590M it does seem to have two forward screw mount holes on the receiver, but the holes and spacing may not be the same as the 590? It's hard to judge without some clear pictures with a tape measure laid down on both the 590 and the 590M. I'd take the ghost...
  13. N

Good day everyone, first time poster and new member. So I joined the Mossberg owners club with a 590M and I want to trick it out a bit. I'd like to add a pistol grip with a good stock on it, maybe an adjustable stock. A front end kit with a nice light. A laser saddle and upgrade the ghost ring...
Back