• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by PackFan12

1. P

Pinned forend on a 500??

I ended up getting the 7 3/4 tube and hogue furniture. I really like it, especially the grip angle on the hogue stock. Then a few days later I saw a good deal on a new/take-off 6 3/4 action tube with wood furniture so I have that now too haha. I have the hogue stuff on the Maverick 88 while I...
  2. P

Stock washer doesn’t fit..

Good to know! And I will do that tonight! Thanks for clarifying
  3. P

Flashlight options for 940 Pro Tactical

I put an Inforce WML on a 590a1 and was pretty satisfied. Ended up selling the 590a1 so I didn’t get a ton of experience with the setup. If we’re talking about the same model WML it only mounts to picatinny though so all you’d need is a small, one slot pic rail for the mlok slot. Simple and...
  4. P

Stock washer doesn’t fit..

I found a good deal on a set of oem wood furniture and an accompanying 6 3/4” slide tube assembly. However attempting to install it revealed that the stock washer that came with the synthetic stock does not fit down the shaft where the stock bolt goes. It’s just barely too large. The washer that...
  5. P

Flashlight options for 940 Pro Tactical

Arisaka makes some of the best mlok light mounts in the business. They are traditionally meant for the AR platform but with some planning one of them may work. Depending on where you want to actuate the light may dictate how you accomplish this. I would mount the gun to your shoulder and see...
  6. P

Pinned forend on a 500??

Good idea but it was cabelas unfortunately. From what I read they don’t do returns on firearms. In the end it will probably set me back an extra $120 or so from what I would have paid for another model. I’ve definitely made worse financial decisions in my life
  7. P

Pinned forend on a 500??

Thanks for the replies. I reached out to mossberg and they confirmed that my model comes with the pinned forearm and not the action slide tube. I pointed out that the version pictured on their website does not have a pinned forearm nor does the item description mention it but they refused to...
  8. P

Pinned forend on a 500??

Just received my mossberg 500 field model (#56420). To my extreme displeasure the forend appears to be pinned and I don’t see any action slide tube or castle nut at all. I specifically chose the 500 over the Maverick 88 because I wanted the tang safety and slide tube to change forends as I see...
Back