• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Rob72

1. R

940 piston to 930?

Looking back, it would appear you would have to try a 930 piston and pusher together.
  2. R

New 930 SPX, do I have the wrong mag spring?

Mossberg service does not have any demonstrable, functional, knowledge about their firearms. As noted, an aftermarket follower with front and rear chafers, in addition to increasing the chamfer in your extension tube where the threads step to the smaller tube diameter, is most likely to solve...
  3. R

That too, but this primarily. Old service Remingtons from the Viet Nam era have them- it does help drain, but kinking your mag spring 2000 miles from anyplace not the bottom of an outhouse rates as a very low point in life.
  4. R

If you have the Choate extension (I believe Wilson & a couple of others do this as well) there is a small hole in the end of the tube-it's for a .22/.223 cleaning rod. Dropping that in from the top will help keep the spring from snaking up.
  5. R

How to remove recoil spring tube?

I will let you know, Numrich can be a gamble, their parts are from de-milled firearms, some cared for, some not. One of my stainless mag tubes was perfect, the other had some rust pitting. Not terrible, but not what I would have hoped for, but for $20? Sure! You can check with Mossberg & see if...
  6. R

How to remove recoil spring tube?

Yes, polishing to 2000grit helps too. This was before they had the NiBo Micukek tubes. I would actually prefer hard chrome to NiBo, but that would mean taking the tubes off again...
  7. R

Mossberg 930SPX/Benelli M2 Tactical

All you can ask for!
  8. R

Mossberg 930SPX/Benelli M2 Tactical

Go ahead & try it for fit. Because of the fact that Nordic pulls towards the flat "plate" where the bolts screw in, it may bottom out before catching on the M2 barrel. For most shotguns, it generally makes little difference, but the 930/590A1 barrels are substantially thicker.
  9. R

SBE Precision Products Pistons are Back in Stock!!

A rule of thumb I've heard (and it seems reasonable) is not to cycle rounds of any sort more than 4 times. If you press your loading gate up and feel on either side of the receiver, you can manually unload the tube by depressing the shell be latch. It works for all magazine fed shotguns. Google...
  10. R

Question about the Or3gun Enhanced Competition Followers

Yes. Unless you have roughage/shavings in the mag tube-extension junction.
  11. R

Thoughts on the MCARBO Trigger Spring Kit?

The trigger spring is separate from, and independent of, the hammer and action springs. A lighter spring will make the trigger pull lighter and easier. The hammer spring (OEM) is considered light by many, and there were a fair number of reports of light strikes, leading innovative users to...
  12. R

Thoughts on the MCARBO Trigger Spring Kit?

For $13, its not a huge investment to try. I generally do not use RP trigger return springs in anything, as it is too easy for me to outrun the gun.
  13. R

Mossberg refers to this as the "rapid unload" advantage, aka, "administrative unloading" for LE/Mil. Unfortunately, yes, it is very possible to induce a double-feed by pressing backward on the button. As with many things, "it depends..." For the average guy for whom this is a range toy, or the...
  14. R

Question about the Or3gun Enhanced Competition Followers

Pick the color you like...:thumbsup:
  15. R

Veeeery slowly! Rough cut with a Dremel heavy cut-off wheel, then a rough cut bastard file to fit. Finish with 220 grit wet-dry the Duracoat (or your paint-du-jour).
Back