• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by sixbennetts

1. sixbennetts

Homemade tiny Shockwave light

It's an AR15 wood pistol grip, available online. Here's my thread with some info. There's more about it a couple of my other threads. http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/wood-corncob.18956/ Took it off since atf changed the OAL rule, sadly. Really miss it. Here it is now...
  2. sixbennetts

Homemade tiny Shockwave light

Aw, it's so easy it's not even funny. The metal work will take 10 minutes if you're careful, and the epoxy work another 10. The parts are so cheap, just make one. If you fail, toss it and try again. That's part of the fun of the Shockwave. Modifying it.
  3. sixbennetts

590A1 retrograde stock refinish

I'd suggest Birchwood Casey's stock refinishing kit. I got an amazing finish with it on my Shockwave project.
  4. sixbennetts

Camp stoves and lanterns

Took this panorama pic just now. (Hey, gimme a break, there's a Coleman stove in the pic!)
  5. sixbennetts

Camp stoves and lanterns

Fish is great in the hobo meal configuration, (slow cooked in a tight foil pouch). Same with chicken, beef, etc. One thing I've learned is that anything that is better browned goes on the bottom. That naturally means onions and garlic, but one overlooked veggie that is great browned is...
  6. sixbennetts

FYI ~ KFC now serves Quesadillas

I'd bang that like Ruprecht, the monkey boy bangs his pot! OK-LA-HOMA! OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA!
  7. sixbennetts

Gold trigger?

*Update Rather than installing a trigger assembly with a gold trigger in it, I've decided to buy a Maverick 88 trigger assembly. These have a cross-bolt safety, which is what a pistol grip firearm should have. I've also ordered a gold trigger blade through Powderhorn Sports in Williston VT...
  8. sixbennetts

Mossberg 500/590/88 issue?

I wonder if spreading out the arms of the lifter before installing help. Yeah, I could see that being a problem for a gun laying on it's side on the floor in the back of a vehicle on a bumpy road. Sounds like a great reason for anti-walks.
  9. sixbennetts

535 trigger group in a 590?

Same trigger group, right? 535 has the gold trigger, 590 blued? Are they interchangeable? Thanks!
  10. sixbennetts

having 14'' barrel illegal if not on gun?

Buy a Shockwave. Then your barrel magically becomes a spare. Keep it for later when you get your stamp, then sell the Shockwave.
  11. sixbennetts

Wood corncob

Playing around with replacing the standard AR steel buffer tube with a walnut dowel finished to match. Ignore the diagonal grain, it's a pic of a table leg I found online. I'd use a straight walnut dowel with tight, straight grain. (The brace is a Tailhook). Thoughts?
  12. sixbennetts

Wood corncob

Thanks, Rick. You rock! Yup, just ordered some. We'll see how it goes. It was difficult at first. You know as well as I that a new gun gets babied. Taking steel wool to one goes against every fiber of your being! But now, I'm not worried. It goes every time we go to the sandpits!
  13. sixbennetts

Wood corncob

Still working on the leather shell carrier/garand sling, and looking for a gold trigger for it, but yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. And I don't worry about scratching Mossberg's delicate flat blue finish anymore......
  14. sixbennetts

Gold trigger?

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the reply. Yeah, I'm not worried about it breaking either. They're tough as nails. But I'm building a theme here, and plastic just ain't gonna cut it. Were there ever any metal trigger guard/gold trigger combos made? Anybody know?
Back