• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Texas_Made

1. Texas_Made

My Mossberg 500A Tactical Mods

I bet it's like a whole new shotgun with that 18" barrel and the stock fully collapsed.
  2. Texas_Made

New guy from Texas

Congrats on the new Mossberg and Welcome ! Do take pix when you get the chance.
  3. Texas_Made

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Question about barrel When I inspect the bore of my 500's barrel I see this ring near where the forcing cone is.. What is that ? Is it normal ? Here's a picture looking from chamber end up
  4. Texas_Made

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

I was thinking about switching to the Hogue stock and forearm. Anybody have pics of this setup?
  5. Texas_Made

What are the differences among the 500, 590, and 590A1?

The bolt in my 500 looks like the one from your 590A1 .. Does this mean it's parkerized too?
  6. Texas_Made

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Have you fired that or is it going to be on a display? How much do those weigh ?
  7. Texas_Made

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I found Mossberg Owners thru Shotgun W. I believe it was Brad who helped me out with registering. I was researching Mossberg's for my first 12 gauge pump. Then purchased a Mossberg 500.
  8. Texas_Made

Birdshot Mossberg 500 or .38 special for HD?

That is correct. a couple of walls. Buckshot will go thru about twice as many walls as the birdshot. However we don't shoot at walls for breaking into our home.
  9. Texas_Made

Problem with Reciever

Yes, it looks like that smaller circular one towards the ejection port in your photo. I'll have to double check but I think it's in that same very spot. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Very glad it's not something to panic over.
  10. Texas_Made

Birdshot Mossberg 500 or .38 special for HD?

I would choose the .38spl for defending myself over birdshot from my 12 gauge. Birdshot is for birds. The spread of the birdshot and the tiny BBs wouldn't Penetrate deep enough to reliably stop the fight. I'm no expert but I believe The .38 and lots of practice would be a better defense IMO
  11. Texas_Made

Problem with Reciever

I was going over my mossberg's internals last night checking for anything out of the ordinary and I found a small chip on the receiver where it meets the top of the bolt (looking down into the reciever w/trigger assembly pointed upward). It's a deep enough nick to feel with my finger and when I...
  12. Texas_Made

Re: WHOA!! There was rust on my barrel & magazine!!! Do you use it on your 590A1's finish ? I use it on my matte finish
  13. Texas_Made

Re: WHOA!! There was rust on my barrel & magazine!!! Not so much off-topic , anybody use Silicone Gun and Reel cloth to wipe the finish ? I use kleen bore's It's suppose to wipe away finger smears and protect against rust ?
  14. Texas_Made

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

My S.N is Texas_Made I was born and raised in Houston,TX My Avatar is my favorite NFL team's logo the 2011AFC South Division champs Houston Texans.
Back