• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by TKO22

1. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

A quick 6 month update... The MVP in 204 is shooting great! I used it on two prairie dog hunts so far this year, and have a couple of first shot kills at 350+ yards and “walked” a few in around 400. My home range was flooded out on March 15th of this year in the epic flooding of 2019, and...
  2. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

I was born and raised just south of Omaha. Omaha then had about 100K people, and Boys Town was a "road trip". Now Omaha Metro has over a million people, and Boys Town is about midtown now. Anyway... I shot the MVP again today. Was cold but dead calm and sunny. We have about a foot of snow on...
  3. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

The .204 works great for what we use it for...prairie dog control and some coyote hunting. Very flat shooting out to 300 yds, and we have made first shot kills on PDogs at ~500. When it gets windy and late in the "season" and the PDogs are spooky, we usually use a heavier round: 22-250 and .243...
  4. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

Another range session today with the new MVP .204. I shot 5 5-shot groups at 100 yards using a usually accurate reduced .204 load at 100 yards. The first 4 groups were my standard hold and hovered around 1". 40 degrees/no wind/overcast. The last group I tried a "free recoil" hold (pinching the...
  5. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

I did a quick gauge test of the throat length of the MVP, and it's WAY deeper than either of my other two .204 rifles. The 32gr loads, if I were to give it a .010 jump to the lands (which is typical) the bullet would hardly be in the case. But the Hornady 32GR factory loads (which shot OK) have...
  6. T

New MVP Varmint in .204

Hi All!......First post here for me... While talking to a friend recently, he mentioned he had bought a MVP in .204, and it was a absolute tack driver. This guy knows accurate rifles, and is a great shot out on the prairie dog fields. I was surprised he said that as a few years ago, I had...
Back