• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by USAONEx

1. USAONEx

590A1 Front sight replacement

Normally I use the Remington high brass #6 shot, 00 Buck, and slugs. These were number 8 shot Federal. You're right that low brass cheap stuff sucks. Thanks for the advice sir, I appreciate it.
  2. USAONEx

Yes sir. I did see your post and it helped a lot. Thanks. The only issue I had with the gun was sticky extraction, especially with low brass cheap shells. I have polished the chamber with steel wool but have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Hopefully this will correct that issue.
  3. USAONEx

Just in case others have this issue, I got a new sight from XS Sights and the gun is now shooting dead center at 25 yards. You will need to get the .250 sight. The folks at XS sights are top notch!
  4. USAONEx

Backwards blade front sight 590A1 w/ Ghost Ring

My sight was loose with only the set screw holding it on! The replacement fit loose too. Yours should drift off. I let mine soak an hour or two with liquid wrench.when the set screw went in it kind off cocked the front dove tail up slightly and this made for a snug fit! Good luck with yours sir...
  5. USAONEx

Like others I had trouble with my Blackwater 590A1 shooting about a foot low at 25 yards, I have the XS Ghost ring rear with the ,400 front blade on the high front mount, I was afraid it would be a tIght fit but after I removed the set screw I was able to remove it by hand, After cleaning the...
Back