• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Wundermech

1. W

Lightning Pump Action (LPA) Trigger Assembly instructions?

CCYooper, Internet info is indeed skimpy on this one! I did find the Mossberg adjustment instructions without too much trouble and noticed that it was shown as "Patent Pending". A search of the USPTO database turned up the coresponding patent, which includes a bunch of drawings that might help...
  2. W

Mossberg 42

I'm thinking the "New Haven" is just the New Haven, CT that would have been stamped on the barrel. I've never seen a "New Haven" model designation.
  3. W

Mossberg 42

Glad to help. Just so happens that someone is selling one on ebay right now for $53.45 w/ free shipping. I have no idea if that's a good price or not...
  4. W

Mossberg 42

The diagrams I have do not show the knob on the end. I did find this: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1226459&highlight=Mossberg+bolt Not sure if "falls apart" is accurate, but the 42 is definitely a two-piece bolt.
  5. W

Mossberg 42

Check this out: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6281265 The exploded parts diagram and list I have is not for a 42 with no letters following, but I can scan and upload if you want. Couldn’t find anything else in my library.
  6. W

Mossberg 42

JohnnyO, 42, 42A, L42A, 42B, 42C, 42M, or 42TR? I have a one-page parts diagram with the parts illustrated and part numbers. Likely have more info buried here somewhere and I'll dig a bit deeper tomorrow.
  7. W

590 barrel nut coming loose possable solution?

The teeth to engage the detent ball are still on the tube cap, right? No goofed up threads preventing the tube cap from screwing on far enough to actually engage the detent ball, right? Sorry if my questions sound overly basic! Original tube cap or aftermarket cap/extension?
  8. W

Stuck extractor plunger on Mossberg 930

I've had really good luck with electrolysis cleaning rusted and gumpered up parts. It's inexpensive, slow, and can't damage the underlying steel. A bucket of water, Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (NOT BAKING SODA), a 12V battery charger, some scrap sacrifical steel and some wire. There are lots of...
  9. W

Knoxx Breachersgrip Gen III - What happened?

Showing in stock at Optics Planet RIGHT NOW!
  10. W

Mossberg 500 trigger delay

You might be able to get away with just adding a flat washer under the head of the bolt. The bolt thread is 5/16-18, which gives each turn of the bolt a 0.055” advancement. A 1/16” thick flat washer would do the trick if you only had to loosen the bolt one turn or less to get everything to...
  11. W

Mossberg 500 trigger delay

Frank, Total guess without seeing it, but is it possible the bolt holding the new grip to the receiver is a bit too long and the hammer is dragging against the tip of it?
  12. W

Stuck extractor plunger on Mossberg 930

J_Nova, If not too late, check this thread: http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/mossberg-930-autoloader-troubleshooting.193/page-61 I think it’s the same problem you’re having. Maybe stand the bolt on it’s back end and see if you can get some penetrating product to seep down...
  13. W

Hello from Freehold, NJ

Hey all, Proud owner of a 590A1 here. Shooter, reloader, caster, gunsmith, machinist, and engineer - not necessarily in that order. Always looking to LEARN and hope to add something intelligent to the discussions from time to time. Thanks for the forum! -Wundermech
Back