• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What tactical/military watch and why???

Re: Tactical watch???

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BAJN2O/ref ... pe_vfe_dt8

not really tactical, but i love the looks of it. i have an old fossil watch(16yrs old), so now i'm saving up for this one. the wife even said i could get it!!

also...
i tried to have my old one refinished by fossil, but they sent it back to me. reason. too old. boooo!!!

My current is a Luminox Original Navy SEAL Dive Watch (Series 1).

The Luminox watch was designed in conjunction with and supplied to the U.S. Navy SEAL teams. Rigorous testing earned it official qualification for use by the U.S. Navy and U.S. Army and meets military specifications of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces (MIL Spec # W-4637 4F). The watch is water resistant to 220 meters.

LUMINOXNAVYSEALV1.jpg

Features

•Fiberglass reinforced polyester injection molded 43 mm case

•Black stainless steel case secured with stainless steel screws

•Double gasket crown/stem confers water resistance of 200 meters (20 atm)

•Unidirectional ratcheting bezel features bright LLT "dot" encased in nickel silver housing protected by sapphire glass window.

•Tempered scratch resistant mineral glass crystal

•Multi-jewel Swiss quartz movement with date function, end of life (EOL) feature and 4 year battery life

•Supple polyurethane (PU) dive strap with signature buckle (lug width 22 mm)

•Black Dial (Other colors available - blue, yellow, white, khaki, red and forest green)

Bottom line: 1 Bad Ass Watch
devilgrin-2.gif

Mine is a tactical Timex! :twisted: Has the indiglo feature so I can see it if I happen to get stuck on a night shift and the "why" is because it was cheap and it just continues to work. If it gets destroyed at work I'm not out a whole lot and since the city has a $75.00 limit for replacement of watches, glasses etc. I really don't want to dole out a whole lot more.

Wolfgang

51EDCQYFCkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Casio Men's GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Watch

This is the one that I have been thinking about purchasing...

I've got no clue what model it is but it was a walmart cheapie. I think I spent about thirty five bucks on it.

Wolfgang

41pF2N41JvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Casio Men's G9000MS-1CR G-Shock Military Concept Black Digital Watch

I think I actually will be buying this model.

DHonovich said:
41pF2N41JvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Casio Men's G9000MS-1CR G-Shock Military Concept Black Digital Watch

I think I actually will be buying this model.
Ordered :twisted:

DHonovich said:
110 shipped from Amazon.

Wow! I have a hardtime spending more than $15 on a watch, though maybe if I spent a little more my watches would last longer!!! :lol:

I am kind of a sucker for watches...but my current collection of watches aren't very tactical nor practical for every day use.

this is my everyday watch....not tactical* but i like it

*not really sure what a "tactical" watch does

watch.jpg

next watch will be a Suunto Core All Black

SS014279010.jpg

I've worn the Timex Ironman since they first came out. My only gripe is the band is nonreplaceable, if it breaks, gotta buy a new watch.

Here's my daily wear watch....

Watch.JPG

I got it a long time ago in a previous life, it keeps great time and is aging much better than me!!!

Smitty

My everyday watch is a Casio AMW-320R; not very tactical, but it works for me (this is my first Casio; before that I was a Timex man:

Casiodiverwatch.jpg

ladytech777 said:
Why do guys go for such big watches with all the extra stuff on them?
What makes a watch tactical/military?

I like them. I like a full size watch. I wouldnt know how to use all the stuff on them though.

Back