• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

portable target stands

I don't know if they carry them nationally, but I first picked these up at Scheel's. They're a little pricey at $4.99 per board, but I've used the same one for well over 1000 rounds with the Glock 19 (9mm) and it's still holding strong. The orange poles you see there are $4.99/set as well. I've hit them a time or two with 9mm ball rounds and they bent a little, but not so much that you can't still use them. They have 2 rings on each pole, kind of like a key ring, that you just spread apart and stick the backer into. They're only about 3 - 4 feet tall, but to just have something to stick in the ground on the fly, they're 2nd to none. I'm sure if I took the some zip ties and one of those pvc bases pictured above I could make a human height target stand for under $25.

They're not your typical 'box' cardboard either. They're fairly thick and sturdy.

UPDATE: I was just checking out the website again and noticed these guys are actually from my area. My guess is they have a deal with the local Scheel's to carry them. If anyone is interested in picking some of these up I'm sure I could pick them up and ship them to you for the price of the product + shipping. They do have an e-mail link on the webpage, but it has said 'under construction' for quite some time. I don't know if they're really trying to get it going or if they kind of forgot about the website. I'm going to shoot them an e-mail though to see about wholesale options. I may just try selling these plus some paper targets I've had ideas about making over the last few months. Few extra bucks never hurt anyone. :p

i am falling behind as well. i started a small home improvement company and finally some work is coming my way...construction productions llc is in full gear.

I was looking into the process these guys use to print their boards and I think the easiest way would be to get some paper, print your target (on multiple sheets for large ones, like a banner) and use spray adhesive to attach them to whatever size board you have laying around. I looked at 5-6 different methods for printing on cardboard, and they all involve a lot of work or up front cost for supplies. If I was gonna start printing them large scale I'd probably make the investment, but until that day comes I'm gonna stick with this method or just buying the VersaTarget backers.

On a side note, if you're wanting to print your own targets or use a custom image you have as a target check out an application called TargetExpress. They let you test it for like 14 days I believe, then its just 15 bucks to buy it if you like it. You can adjust target size for different ranges, have it print images on multiple sheets (like stated above) and a few other cool features. Hell, for 15 bucks it's worth it to me not having to buy packs of paper that are printed with generic circle targets. Plus I do graphic design stuff on the side so I'm sure I could come up with some interesting custom targets. May have to design a few up for the site here and see what you guys think. Now to just dig my laser printer out of storage.

The club I joined has metal stands all set up to accept standard strapping, so the need to create my own hasn't forced me to start building. I did have to buy a staple gun though... :lol:

Anoter thing that has worked to my benifit is the fact that they host IDPA for my area, so they have 55 gal plastic barrels all over the place so you can create mini scenarios for yourself. I did that for Jody and myself last time we were there to practice drawing from concealment.

ripjack13 said:
i am falling behind as well. i started a small home improvement company and finally some work is coming my way...construction productions llc is in full gear.
thats good news

Give a homeless guy 20 bucks to do some 'yard work' then use him as a moving target. :lol: J/K, don't really do that. Homeless people have feelings too.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Give a homeless guy 20 bucks to do some 'yard work' then use him as a moving target. :lol: J/K, don't really do that. Homeless people have feelings too.

You would think it would be obvious when you are asking them to dig a 6' hole and size them up before telling them how long to make it...

NOTE: Off colour humor is just that, off colour and likely inappropriate entertainment. The views expressed don't necessarily reflect the views of forum owners nor are they necessarily the actual views of the author.

Don't use homeless folks... use Emo kids.

Rossignol said:
NOTE: Off colour humor is just that, off colour and likely inappropriate entertainment. The views expressed don't necessarily reflect the views of forum owners nor are they necessarily the actual views of the author.

Don't use homeless folks... use Emo kids.

smiley_zzrofl1.gif

My favorite home made target so far is a hostage type. Just used a steel fence post, scrap piece of plywood, 2 u-bolts, a latch hinge (like the ones you use with a padlock) and a couple old tablesaw blades bolted together. I lean it slightly forward and when the blades are hit it swings to the other side of the hostage silhouette. In the picture its at 25 yards, which proved not to be very durable with a .22lr. So I've replaced the blades and now have it set up at 50 yards, and holding up fine. Maybe a little big, but if ya got a pickup, no problem!
Targets.jpg

OOOOooooooo. Glad I found this. Bookmarked for future reference. :-D

Back